1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

M1A

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

hey you had a beartrap that you had posted under mine that i sold do you havethe instruction sheet? if not em me and will make a copy before rick i send it to jeff

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

do you want it or not just asking rick

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

what i am asking if you are trying to sell it the instructions would help i can make a copy and send if you want that one you have is the same as the one i sold but the hole needs to be 2 different sizes if you what them let me know my em is posted rick

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

You don't need instructions: Gold Beartrap is for RH, Blue is for LH.

Just mount in stock bolt hole.

WW

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Sorry about you guys who do not know the installation procedure for the bear trap. The unit must be installed exactly parallel to the bore and requires a two diameter hole with a tight fit to function properly. If not then the unit is just added weight. My first one was purchased from Allem's 20 years ago. My Hilmer stock has one in it now. They are the best working of all. While at Allem's way back then, I asked John about the types of recoil reducers on the market. We went into his shop and he had all the types laid out on the bench. On a metal leg of a bench was a tape measure starting at 0 on the floor. He held the Edwards mercury unit at 12 inches up against the table leg and let it fall squarely to the floor telling me to measure the bounce height. About six inches. Then the Dead Mule ,about four inches. And finally the Beartrap. When dropped, it stuck to the floor , no bounce. He looked at me and said, which one do you think works best? They are a pain to install , but if insalled with 0 movement they are the best. The only two installers I have seen to do the job properly are Mark Duprez and Allem's Gun Craft. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.