1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

M1912 Winchester

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wolfram, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I just bought a vintage M1912 20 gauge and was wondering if there is any additional value to the gun due to it's age. The gun is marked 'model of 1912' not model 12 with the last pattent date being 1913. The stock is also more graceful than latter model 12s. The receiver is in like new condition but the barrel had external rust. The gun shoots and functions very well. Serial #s on the barrel assembly match the receiver.

My plan is to have the full choke barrel opened up for skeet and reblue the entire gun. I know this would be a mistake if there were any significant collector value. So what do you guys think, make a skeet gun out of it or leave it alone?

2. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Make a Skeet gun out of it. Thats what I did with my 1913 made(1234x) model 1912.No real collector value judging by your assement of the condition. Just my 2 cents....

Larry

3. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

If the receiver is like new--DON'T refinish that. Concentrate on the barrel only and get a top notch guy to match the blue on the receiver. Early Model 12's are sweet guns. Is the gun marker 2 3/4"? If not--you may have a 2 1/2" gun. That was the length on the early 20's. If the wood is nice, I'd fix up the barrel and shoot it as is. You'll break those skeet targets with authority!!! Good luck!

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

And if it is 2.5" chamber as Bill correctly suggests it may be, get that opened up while you are at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.