1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

M12 refurbishing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TD1958, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Does anybody know of a source to restamp the barrel with the winchester logo on a model 12 and make it look original? I have a very nice 3 pin milled rib that at some point somebody reblued and buffed some of the winchester name thin on the barrel. I would like to have it re done correctly and not decrease the value of the gun. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tim

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If it was buffed so much that some of the letters are off or faint, it is not a collector gun. Save your money and buy an original gun.

3. johnboy

johnboy Member

Simmons Gun Works does it.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm quite certain Stu Wright could do the job. He does amazing restoration work on Model 12's.

5. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Hitapair, no offense intended but i did not post as though it was what you consider a collector. I consider anything from that time frame to be valuable to me as this particular m 12 dates to the 20's and for something to be that old it irregardless of the care would almost be certain to of had some work done to it. It just bothers me that whoever did the work didn't do it correctly so I thought maybe i could have it done. None the less thanks for your input. Tim

6. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Call Stu Wright. Nobody better on Model 12's & 97's.

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Stu Wright For SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Stu Wright

9. Cooter

Cooter Member

TD, I bought one a while back with the letering on the left side of the bbl. almost gone. I sent it to Stu Wright to re blue and restore.It came back looking like brand new,including all the lettering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.