1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

M12 28Ga. Conversion-Super gun-take a L@@K!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by boomer, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I'm offering a Model 12 28 gauge Conversion for sale. As you Model 12 fans know--M12's in 28 ga. are hard to come by and very expensive. This gun is one of the best conversions you will ever see. It features very fancy Model 12 skeet wood and is mechanically perfect. The best part is that is has an ORIGINAL Model 12 28 ga barrel that is properly marked and chambered 2 7/8" AND it's 30 inches long with a round post/donut rib that is not marked Simmons. It has the appropriate proof marks also. Jeweled carrier and bolt too! Completing the picture and adding to the versatility are Briley thin wall chokes in Skeet , IC and MOD. The pistol grip cap was replaced with one that holds an initial insert, with 3 initials. This can be polished and re-engraved or, I'm told, eplacement blanks are available from Brownells. Bill @ 609-658-7739. $3250 delivered to the lower 48 including California. This will be your favorite Model 12--check it out!! REDUCED TO $2995-DELIVERED. SOLD PENDING RECEIPT OF FUNDS!

2. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Original gun is in the 500xxx SN pre-war range!

3. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

4. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

5. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

6. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

0   0   0

What a little beauty!

8. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Thank you!! I hope to find it a new home.

9. tbuster

tbuster Member

0   0   0

I am looking to find a 28 with a solid rib. I am not looking for anything pristine but just a shooter that is unaltered and all original. Respond to this thread and I will give you my email address. Thanks

10. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I've never seen a Model 12 28ga. with a solid rib. I'm sure they made some solid rib skeet guns and maybe a few field guns with SR's, but in 40 plus years of gun stuff!!--I've never encountered one. Good luck with your search.

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I guess I'll pipe in here...

In the early 90's, a dealer in Lake Geneva, WI, took in a M-12 28ga SOLID RIB skeet gun, on a trade. He gave the guy $500 for it. It sounds like he stoled it from the guy, but what would have you given for a gun that had an Illinois driver's licence number engraved with an electric pencil, along the whole left side of the reciever...and deep?

I spent 2 days hand polishing all of the metal, being careful NOT to remove any of the factory's machine marks. I stripped the stock and handrubbed a semi-gloss oil finish into it. The plastic buttplate was perfect.

The dealer told me a few weeks later after he received the gun back, he sold it on a trade to Jaquas, sight-unseen for $3800. This gun was the nicest M-12 I've ever encountered and one I wish I could have afforded to buy. It was a beauty.

Doug Braker

12. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

REDUCED TO $2995!!! DELIVERED LOWER 48.

13. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

0   0   0

What is a 28 ga Conversion? Converted from what?
    Tom

14. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Model 12's in 16, 20 and 28ga. all shared the same receiver. Because factory 28ga. M12's are so rare, a cottage industry developed in CONVERTING 16 and 20 ga. gun to 28 ga.. There were several gunsmiths/firms who did these conversions from the late 60's through the 90's. They used up the remaining 28ga. parts to retool the guns into 28 bores. Both original and non-original barrels can be found on these conversions. I hope this clears it up for you.

15. boomer

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

SOLD PENDING RECEIPT OF FUNDS! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST AND COMMENTS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.