1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

M1 Carbine value?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

A buddy has an M1 carbine that he might sell. It has some honest wear but is in nice shape with some dingers in the wood. It is an Underwood and is all original as far as my untrained eye can tell. What is the going price for one of these? Any knowledge of market trends on these currently up or down?
    Doug Allison

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'll not guess at price, but I can tell you that mine is the most popular gun when I take the family out for some fun shooting. It pays to do your own loading if it's to be passed around. 30 round magazines are out there for increased fun and games.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Buy a bluebook and learn to establish grades. No one in their right mind will give a value without seeing a gun. One man's "perfect" is another's very good. We've sold M1 carbines in horrible shape for $400, way more than I thought they'd bring. Really nice ones, finish good, bores good, stocks clean with all inspector's cartouches can bring big bucks...upwards of a grand for really good ones.

I miss the ones I got from the DCM for about 35 bucks back in the sixties.

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Go to gunbroker.com and do a search. You will see enough of them to have a ball park figure. The gun is only worth as much as the buyer is willing to pay.

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.