1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

M1-30 cal, paratrooper, Plainfield Manf, Info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by humarock kid, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humarock kid

humarock kid TS Member

I have the chance to buy a M1-30 cal, paratrooper, manufactured by Plainfield, it was made in the early 1960's, Serial #81XXX. never or hardly shot, barrel is mirror clean,tiny bit of rust on the heat shield, all walnut wood and telescopic stock, with front grip. Like in this video. Comes with two 30rd clips and two 20rd clips. guy is asking $600. Any thoughts as to this pricing and the gun itself?

http://riflebuyersguide.net/Articles.php?action=detail&g=content1249835471

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

save your money, not a US military carbine.

3. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Plainfield's were among the worst of the clones!!! Ejection and feed problems abound. That is my experience anyway, others may vary.

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Not worth $600.00

5. Urbans

Urbans Member

A good friend of mine bought one last week @ the gun show, exactly as you describe, he paid $550.00, yesterday we shot 100 rounds out of it, NO malfunctions @ all, I thought that it was a neat little 30 cal with a lot of firepower. Enjoy your day.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I picked up 6 of 'em from the South Plainfield Twp. police dept. many years ago for $150 each. and kept one for myself. It works great. They did have one M2 but I couldn't aquire it with my Class 1 license. Wish I had it today!!

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

do some more reseach,, i i recall ther was a iver johnson/plainfield made for a short time that was mil spec,, if its that on grab it,,, check Modern Gun Values book

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
plainfield carbine front grip paratrooper
plainfield m1 carbine paratrooper for sale

plainfield m1 carbine paratrooper worth