1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

M.T.A

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by garage tech, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garage tech

garage tech Member

Whats up with Michigans Aka Mason,lack of info on their web site. I here they have had a couple of shoots that i would like to attend but no dates???
  2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's there. Under 2012 program.
  3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

It shows for me on the home page on the left under "2012 Mason Schedule".
  4. BigM-Perazzi

Wow! It's that obvious!!!
  5. Kemper

Kemper Member

he probably didn't show up for work day either. what garage does he work at?
  6. garage tech

garage tech Member

Thanks guys i miss more than targets sometimes.
  7. kolarshooter

kolarshooter Member

Just returned home from MTA.

It was OVER 2 hours WAIT to pay for the squads this morning.

I even seen some shooters leave, I WISH I WOULD HAVE BEEN SMART ENOUGH TOO DONE THAT TOO.

WENT TO LINE TO SHOOT AND WAS WAITING FOR SQUADS TO SHOW UP FOR OVER AN ANOTHER HOUR.

I have asked myself in the past "WHY do I go to Mason"?

KS
  8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You go to Mason because it is an excellant facility.

They need to shake up the leadership there and get some new blood, different pullers (who can count and give and shit), more than 2 windows open for the team shoot (when they know there will be a ton of shooters there)and they need someone who really wants to manage the place.

I know the trap mechanic...he worked his butt off all weekend!

Sorry to vent, but after today it was obvious they were not prepared.

This only hurts future attendance which pays the bills.

C'mon Michigan...get your act together. You can do it.
  9. rsikole

rsikole Member

I agree with Setterman. MTA is a great place to shoot.....but......

The computer system should have been tested prior to use at the team shoot. We saw the impending problems on Saturday so we squadded and paid for the team shoot on Saturday.

Hopefully it will be fixed by the time the Great Lakes Grand happens. A LOT of fed up shooters (including myself) won't attend unless someone makes some changes.

During the handicap event yesterday our squad ran out of targets on the last trap. Targets were coming out about every other call. The scorer would not even go to the trap house to confirm we were out of targets until I urgerd her along, and then she said there were no setters available so we had to wait until she went and found one. We were made to feel like we created an inconvenience for them by running out of targets on our last trap.

It would be great if someone would make it clear that these issues will be addressed before the next shoot, otherwise the attendance will suffer badly.

That would be a shame for the sport and for the facility.

Rob
  10. Mike

Mike Member

It wasn't all bad.....The grounds were in excellent shape (thanks Rick), mother nature gave us a break. The targets flew well. I think the MTA tries for the best trap help they can get/afford, my scorers all did well, I didn't expierience problems with targets running out. For the most part the lines and waits were short, except for the Sunday Team Shoot. Yes some waited 2 hours, most were less. We sure missed Don and Linda as the transaction to the new 3 something software did not go well. If my memory serves me well, one person from the team could get the team sheet filled out, ATA numbers etc. squad then pay for all. It seemed now all 5 shooters, or at least their ATA cards had to classify, squad then pay individually, 150 plus teams.... It looked to me that all the workers were humping their butts and truly wanted to fix the issues at hand. I'm sure these problems will be addressed. All and all I had a great time shooting and visiting with old and new friends and look forward to the next shoot. MTA at Mason is a great place to shoot. Congrats Maumeeriverrat, sons and friends for winning the Team Shoot (493/500), good shooting! Folks, your support is appreciated and needed, JMHO, Respectfully, Mik
    [​IMG]
  11. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

While a new computer system can be a wonderful time saver, the time to test it is not during a big shoot. Why did it take over 2 hours for it to occur to someone to just do it by hand and get things going? I saw a lot of people pack it in and leave.
    All in all, it was a great time with nice weather and plenty of friendly people having fun shooting. I am looking forward to coming back!
  12. BigM-Perazzi

Great day on Monday. Typical Mason wind. Got my $$ already and on my way home.

It's not like their not trying hard, and it's an extreme change from the comfort zone they had.
  13. tanda1

tanda1 Member

The other Illinois, south of I80 and north of I270
    I'd imagine 3S without Presquad.com would be painfully slow.
  14. BigM-Perazzi

I'm sure it's an option that will be addressed.
  15. BIGDON

BIGDON Active Member

A couple of points. The old wiring could not handle the new high powered equipment = results slow and slower and finally crash. It is being replaced.

If you have ever shot Stuarts system you would know that everything is based on your ATA number as this system is based same way. Team shooters used to the old way were not prepared when squading with all the ATA cards and paying individually. Remember this is the only shoot (team event) some of these shooter will shoot this year so their dues need to be paid also. It seems education is needed by both parties.

There were problems but they happen at every shoot. I will say I shot every event and never had a problem with a scorer or a house.

It got windy a couple of times but I don't think that is the MTA's fault.

Yes management has to open their collective eyes and communicate better and pay attention to shooter complaints and shoot details.

Don't give up on one of the finest shooting facilitys because of one shoot, remember they are still coming back from last years tornado diaster and financial disaster also. Losing the Cains sure didn't help.

Don

Don
  16. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Member

Big Don has it right. Don't be so fast to blame someone. Mta board handled it well . No one missed a squad unless they choose to. And the shooting lines stayed full and the shoot was great. People always want something better and change does has a price. when auto vocie and auto traps came around it took years of crying to actept them. Give the club a chance they are working hard to make shooting better for all of us.

Here is a idea why don't we all become a Mta life member for a whole $50.00 and go to the board and cast a vote or better yet run for the board postion and you can chage it. What the heck we all have a extra 60 days a year free to volunteer.Right

Thanks Mta board for working so hard for us all.

Mark
  17. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Shoot and Holler has it right. Instead of complaining here, why not approach the board and ask what you can do to help. Or, run for the board and be prepared to work as hard as some of them do for no pay and few thanks and an occasional rip here. I always attend the GLG and plan to again this year. It's a wonderful facility and it takes alot of work and dollars to support it. Give the guys a break and a helping hand.

Mark Zauhar
  18. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Member

I've Known most of the board members at the MTA for quite a few years,and they have worked their asses off for years putting on great shoots.

It's unfortunate that Don and Linda can't be there now due to illnesses, but the hard working people at the MTA will be back with great shoots again.

With all the great shoots they have had in the last 30 years....they should be allowed 1 screw-up.....
  19. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Active Member

Many of you know me. My name is Jerry Bryant. I was part of the staff working at the Team Shoot this weekend at MTA. First let me say that I am very sorry for the delays and problems that were encountered with the new computer system. Yes, the new system was tested before the shoot. We set up and ran the entire system on a practice shoot and there were no problems. No it was not set up and ran with 600 shooters as a dry run, maybe we should have. but that is all hind sight at this point. I want to let everyone know that before the Great Lakes Grand I will be running new wiring for the entire system. Elizabeth Christensen who is in charge and offering the computer system that is being used to run the shoot is making the changes and purchasing the additional equipment that will be needed to make things run easier and faster for all.

The first of the good news is that PreSquad.com will be used to for the Great Lakes Grand, Michigan State Shoot and the Fall Team Shoot. Please give us a few days to get it all set up and I will post on TS.com when it is available. We hope that many of you will chose to use it as it will save both you and us time and will make things run smoother and quicker.

YES, the new system is different from what Don Cain used. There is no longer a stack of cards to grab and pass out to your squad mates. Now there is a simple 3 step process and yes, ONE shooter can still get his/her squad entered.

1) The person doing this much have all 5 plastic cards. OR.. all 5 ATA numbers... we can look up and classify from your ATA number. (You will be classified by the information that is the most current in the ATA computer which could be a week or two behind what you have shot and recorded on your paper card)

2) This same person can take your cards/numbers to the squad window and enter all members on the same squad.

3) They can then go to the cashier window with all 5 cards/numbers and pay for the entire team.

This new system is not a hard system. it is simply different.

We would like to thank all who attend and shot..Thank you to all who have posted positive notes above.. we hope each of you will come back and see how much better things will be at the Great Lakes Grand then be sure to tell all your friends so that they will also come and enjoy the fantastic facility that the MTA has to offer.

Jerry B
  20. t-bar

t-bar Member

Jerry, PM me.

Barb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.