1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

M-12 question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I have a buddy that is thinking about parting with a 1923 M-12 that is factory ribbed (at least the proof mark is in the right spot). I believe that it is a trap model with really nice wood. What is something like that worth?

ec90t

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

is it a black diamond gun? original or reblued?

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

It isn't a Black Diamond. And it still wears the original blueing. I would call the gun 95%. I can't find any metal or wood alterations other than a pad change.

ec90t

4. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

is it marked "trap" on the receiver by the serial number? is it a milled rib gun?

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

A factory Model 12 does not necessarily have "Trap" stamped on it for it to be an original trap gun. I just sold an original trap that was bought new by a good friend of mine in 1962. (We were the only 2 owners). It had a Monte Carlo stock and was not marked "Trap". There are numerous interesting variations in the Model 12 trap guns. I just purchased one with the "donut" posts under the rib. This also is not marked trap. Just be careful. Lots of counterfeits out there. Ed

6. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

later model 12,s are not marked trap or mod 12 trap or standard trap. i believe that mostmilled rib factory model 12,s that are pre ww2 are marked with one of the three variations dwain

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If it was made in 1923, it's a milled rib if it's original.

8. John Stefanowicz

John Stefanowicz TS Member

sight unseen it's not worth anything to me. give me a description, ser #, photo, and I'll see if it's close to one I "disposed" of 20 years ago, like a fool, and still regret it. Just checked - it was a 1926 pigeon. Nevertheless, I'm interested. Get back to me. Price? - could be anywhere between 500 and 1500, or perhaps more. Thanks, John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.