1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

M-12 barrel rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AKA Bert, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA Bert

AKA Bert TS Member

The rib on the barrel of my M-12 no longer lines up with the receiver rib. The barrel rib needs to go left about 1/8th of an inch. How do I get them lined back up? aka Bert

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Are you saying it used to line up but does not line up now, or has it never lined up?

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

It is beyond help ... I'll give you $100 for it!

:)

Kidding aside ... any competent gunsmith will know how to set the adjusting sleeve for you ... about a 5 minute job!

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

The adjusting sleeve has nothing to do with lateral alignment of the vent rib. My question is still "Has it always been this way, or is this a recent development?"

5. AKA Bert

AKA Bert TS Member

The rib use to line up but over time it has moved to the right. Twenty years ago, it did it and I laid a 2x4 along it and knocked it back, then it did it again so I tried the 2x4 again but this time I broke a post off. This is a milled rib gun and it cost too much to get it repaired, so now it is to the right again and I don't want knock a post off again. aka Bert

6. AKA Bert

AKA Bert TS Member

I am wrong. My memory failed me again, after I think about it I did not knock off a post but the part of the rib that slides over the post. So maybe this time I'll take the rib off and lay the 2x4 right on the posts. aka Bert

7. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

you are a sick puppy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.