1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lynn's Custom Gunstocks??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crunch, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Crunch

Crunch Member

My adjustable comb is marked 'Lynn's Custom Gunstocks'. Does anyone have information regarding this individual or company? I'm trying to locate some longer pins for the adjustable comb that are unusual. Thanks for any information.

2. braunpro

braunpro TS Member

contact stock positioning systems they have what you need in stock 16313196959

3. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Crunch your stock was made by Lynn Slager from Brandon Iowa. Lynn passed on some years ago. Lynn worked for and was trained by Anton Custom Gun Stocks out of the Hudson Waterloo Iowa area. I met Lynn years ago at the Iowa State Trapshoot. Lynn always had a tent set up at the Iowa State shoot and had a display of stocks there and took orders. Lynn was also confined to a wheel chair. Lynn built me three stocks for my Remington 1100s and one for a TM1. I still have one of my 1100s left.

When Lynn built my TM1 stock I was there to watch. After a few measurements Lynn wheeled himself to a band saw and cut shaped it up then went to a belt sander and smoothed it out. In about a half hour I was sighting down the barrel and was ready for a little fine tuning. It was quite an experience. I liked Lynns stocks much better than Antons. Hope this answered your question.

4. Crunch

Crunch Member

Whiz-bang,

That's what I like about this forum.....people have answers....even ancient answers! Thanks, for your detailed account of Lynn's Custom Gunstocks. It's always nice to know the history of a person's gun. In this case, it is a TMX that I bought at the Wannamaker's Gun Show in Tulsa last fall. The workmanship and materials Lynn used are great. Your account makes me wish it was a whole custom stock not just the adjustable comb. Crunch

5. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Crunch if you go to the Tulsa gun show again pm me and I will send you my table row and number. Myself and some friends have the same table for both shows every tear.

6. seitz10

seitz10 Member

Whiz-bang has it right. I had Lynn make two stocks for me, and still have them. One was for a tm1, other for a tmx. Whiz has given you all the details on Lynn. roger

7. Crunch

Crunch Member

Seitz10,
    It sounds like you have too many of Lynn's stocks......why not sell one to me? Crunch

Search tags for this page

anton gun stocks

anton holder gunstocks