1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lyman Shotshell reload. man. 5th edit?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have the 4th edition, is it worth it to upgrade to the new 5th edition? I'm mainly interested in 20ga 28ga and 410 loads.

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Yes, I think so. More powders and hulls have been introduced since the 4th edition.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

thats what I was wondering. The 4th edition doesn't even have longshot listed. Looks like i'll have to pick myself up one.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

That's nuttin', I'm sitting here looking at a real new looking 1st edition-copyright 1969. I'm showing my age!!

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The Fifth Edition has most of the older loads plus a few newer ones. It really has a lot of Steel, Bismuth, Hevi-Shot, Buckshot, and Slug loads. It's a must-have if you load those types. A good many of the loads seem to be carried over from some of the earlier editions, pretty much unchanged. There is a lot of updated data as well, so it's probably worth the cost. I use it for a reality check against some of the manufacturers data. There might be a few errors in the data as well, so be careful with ANY source of data. This book is no exception.

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Just how many of you are still taking loads from the Remington books from the 70's & 80's? They still work but are extremely limiting..new shells & powders ect., ect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.