1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lyman 1000

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flylta, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylta

flylta TS Member

Anyone have an opinion on this scale? All I do is shotshell and don't want to spend a ton to check powder drops. This scale has been recommend on another site but I have always gotten good advice her.

Thanks
    Ron

2. flylta

flylta TS Member

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

Ron,
    My first scale was a Lyman. It is OK. For your stated purpose it is fine. I really prefer the electronic scales and never use it anymore.

If you ever need to check 250 shells for a possible bad powder drop you will hate a beam scale.

Don

4. flylta

flylta TS Member

Thanks dverna.

I shoot only for fun and I want an inexpebsive scale for now for safety while reloading. I don't have to worry about meeting rules for registered shooting. although that day will come, right now I enjoy shooting and taking the kids to the range and passing on a love for shooting and hunting that I got from my dad, grandfather and friends of thiers.

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.