1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lutic space gun pic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bill60, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

i was wondering if any body had a picture of a lutic space gun i think that is what its called im not sure but im told it looks really different it sounds interesting and i want to see one also please correct me if i have any thing wrong like the name

2. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Do a search on these threads for ljutic space gun. Sure there will be some pictures

3. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

thanx i found one and it looks weird i dont think i could shoot one

4. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

You would probably be surprised. Most people who shoot them really like the way they shoot, and do quite well with them.

Jim

5. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Here is a pic of a rare Selka #16 that I owned for a while. I think it went to Alaska when i sold it. l.g.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

harleypilot,

Yea, that must be the case! That's the reason why everyone shoots them and Ljutic still makes 'em! Good Lord get a life.

ec90t

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I knew a guy who had one and I really enjoyed shooting it. I did not like how it loaded. There is a lot of spring that has to be compressed to get the darn thing loaded and they expect that you will do it by pulling the spring straight back with no mechanical assist. But the trigger is good, they point well, felt recoil is reduced, very few parts. People did not take to the non-traditional form. Lots of people have never tried one and are like bill60 - pass judgement without trying - that is real fair

8. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Here's a pic of Spacegun # 74. I bought it from a fellow here on TS in 2000 and sold it to Jim Lutz (Sootballs) in 2002. He sold it to someone else in Wisconsin shortly after buying it. Wish I had it back. A fun gun to shoot and always fun to take it to a club and put it on the rack and watch people walk by. Hope I posted the photo correctly.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

gene do you have any relation named gary who was my lennox territory manager for a few years. jackmitch

10. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

jackmitch:

Not that I know of, unless your friend spells his last name exactly as I do. I run into folks all the time who ask me if we are related to the Batchelors down the street or the Batchelders next door. My answer is usually "How do they spell their last name?"

I've traced our roots back to Thomas Batchelar who emigrated with his wife and 3 children (legally <:)) to the US from Liverpool, England in the mid 1800s. Thomas moved his family to Ontario, Canada in 1845. His first wife died in 1847. He remarried and had 9 more children for a total of 12 children. One of his first 3 children, James, was my great, great grandfather. He settled in the Jersey City area where he started and ran a successful family printing business. I haven't been able to get any info on this business yet, but understand it was located at either Exchange Place or Journal Place in Jersey City.

My grandfather, (Eugene C. B--------), was born in Jersey City where his Dad (James) had the printing business. Grandpa moved to Pittsburgh, PA shortly after graduating from college in the early 1900s and pursued his career there. My Dad,(Eugene C. B-------- Jr.), was born and raised in Pittsburgh as was I. (I am Eugene C. B-------- III). I now live in the Chicago area.

Through the first Batchelar landing on Ellis Island around 1845 to today, the spelling of our last name hasn't changed. The spelling of our last name is not the most common, so I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that if your friend Gary spelled his last name the same as I do, we could be distant cousins.

Probably way more than you wanted to know. <:)

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

11. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

I shot with a guy Ray K. in Chicago that had a ljutic space gun .There were very few guys that could keep up with him at the back door game shooting .He was deadly with that gun . If Ray k is out there say Hi to him from the Boys at Maywood

12. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

thanks gene i don't remember exactly how he spelled it. i like the way you added legally in there.if your name ended in ez i might have been worried.jackmitch

13. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

thanx guys those were better picturs than the one i saw

and to havegunwilltravel i meant that i dont think i could shoot it very well but i would love to try one i think it would be different and if i could shoot one well i would beacuse it would distract some people on the line and that means they miss targets and that means the door is open for me to win

like at the state shoot this year my squad was shooting next to a squad with a guy that had a call that sounded exactly like a frog and i dint hear him until somboy brought him up in between rounds a couple of times i herd him right when went to shoot i started laughing so har i had to put the gun own and regroup luckly i didnt miss those few but my frien next to me did the same thing and missed once or twice i forget but people do get very easily distracted

hummmmm maybe i should change my call

Thanx

Steven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.