1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LUTHER & i CAME UP WITH A GOOD IDEA!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    years ago my friend Luther had an unfinished 870 trap stock that he wanted me to finish for him. he wanted me to show him walnut wood with some stain on it so he could determine what tone of stain he would like. everytime i would give him a sample, he said it was not what he wanted. i got fed up so one day i was thinking while eating breakfast, and it practically hit me in the face. as i was eating my loaf of toast and a few pancakes, i looked at the syrup and a light went off in my head. syrup is from trees, stocks are from trees, luther's head is made of wood, so is his stock. so i got a piece of walnut, used log cabin and it was a very dark walnut tone. i also had mrs butterworth's and it was lighter. we had some real cheap stuff off brand and it was even lighter than the rest. i showed luther the samples and he liked log cabin. now he didn't know i was using syrup but he fell in love with the color. i finished the stock, took around a month from start to finish. i meet luther and his fatso son, enermo, at the waukesha gun club to shoot a practice round. luther is smoking targets, gets done and says to his son gary and me, that this stock smells of pancakes, and he's now hungry. gary tries a round and he said all he could think about was eating as he was shooting. i told them what i used to set the tone and both said it was a great idea. over the years luther and gary have tried adding different ingriediants to our stain so they have an aroma. we have used grape, orange, watermellon, and the list goes on. if you see me at the local club, i am presently using a barbeque smoke type sent in my stock. i will let you try it if you like.
    steve balistreri

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Steve, I'll have to pass. I just started my third diet this year. Marc

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Don't diet...just "Push".

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.