1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LURKERS!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

With the new format that David has imposed, I've noticed the #of posts vs. the # of views is staggering. Sometimes it's better than 100 views per every 1 post. Why is this?? Is it because there are more lurkers than I ever thought posible, or are the same lame posters viewing it over and over?

It bothers me. I would like to hear from some of the lurkers as to why they DO NOT post.

Tron

2. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I'm lurking Tron because I couldn't find anything interesting to post to...until now! Hope you latch on to a big one.

Steve

3. Tron

I know what your saying DB, but I just keep imagining some wierd, sweaty fat slob that is sitting in a lazy-boy in his Mothers basement, gnawing on microwave burritos and going through EACH AND EVERY one of OUR threads and NEVER having anything to add himself! What pleasure does this guy get out of it??

Tron

4. Tron

Is this you Biged??

Tron

5. Lightning Bob

Lightning Bob TS Member

Tron

Finding this site is like comming on a bad accident on the highway

I dont want to see it but I cant look away.

6. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

I can answer for myself at least... On shotgun topics I read many more than I ever respond to. I've found one learns much more from listening than from talking. The off topic threads, well..... you should be able to figure out why most people dont get involved.

7. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I almost lurked without reponding....So HI everyone! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. How's your Christmas shopping going? Did you watch Dancing with the Stars last week? Survivor China was a disapointment. Wonder what Lumper is doing right now. Bet he's LURKING!

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I read almost every post on this site, yet I only reply to a few. I'm sure that's typical of most people here.

But yeah, there are also lurkers. Some people like to read info, but don't contribute, or they have concerns about sites requiring registration or their personal info getting into the public domain.

9. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

Tron it is him! That's an old picture of BigEd, must be at least 3 to 4 months old. Trust me on this, he is one of the infamous Evil Twins.

10. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Tron,

Maybe you have a secret admirer. Maybe POD has some sort of "man crush" on you.

11. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Some don`t post because they don`t like to jumped on by the self proclaimed experts.

Tom R.

12. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

If they all posted there would be no lurkers.

13. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Tommy,

Unfortunately you're right. A lot of times people ask honest (though to some dumb) questions and get totally dumped on. I've come to the conclusion that the people who jump on "rookies" with both feet probably had their brief cases and lunch money taken from them in school. This is their chance to be superior. I Ignore those posts. There are people like Pat, Neil, Rollin, and yes, even Lumper (when he's not "sporting" with us) that will take the time to give a thoughtful, honest answer. Weed out the crap and take in the real stuff.

14. bear2

bear2 TS Member

I`ve been lurking for a couple of months.got back into trapshooting after 30 years.I have read something that have helped my scores and alot of "stuff" that is not so helpful.Some of it does make me chuckle.

Thanks,
    Barry

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I like to read about guns and stuff but I don't like the nasty ass comments some posters make. I usually post only if I have a question or a comment of value to someone.

16. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

One never knows what lurks on the trap field!

17. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

I read almost every post. I'm also a novice shooter. There is a lot to be learned here if one can get past all of the six year olds. Most times, I just don't have anything to add to the discussion.

Shawn

18. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I agree Shawn!.....when do you turn seven?

19. icelander36

icelander36 Member

I lurk and would respond but by the time I get ready to respond

the question has already been answered. I think you people do a wonderful job

of keeping us newbys informed and out of trouble. Thanks Lyle

20. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Hipshot,

You, among others give validity to the statement.

My last post on this topic.

Shawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.