1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lump on shooting sholder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubbaw, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Has anyone ever developed a lump on your shooting shoulder? Right on the muscle where the recoil pad mounts. I'm talking a full time lump, not just right after you shoot a few hundred. Thanks,

William

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Does this lump move around with the skin or does it feel attached to the muscle?

3. warren

warren Member

You should be having it looked at by a professional right away.

warren

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

See a doctor.

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

This forum might be good for much useful and useless information, but this isn't one of those times. Go to the doctor. Mark

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Buy a bra.

Seriously go see a doctor ASAP.

Jim C

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Do as others have said above. GET IT LOOKED AT NOW. A friend had a lump on his neck and it wasn't good. He found that out to late. Once you find out what it is I will tell you what happened. GET IT LOOKED AT NOW. DO NOT WAIT, MAKE TIME TO DO SO.

8. jrb

jrb Member

Do you mean a puffed up area where the stock sits? I get it also...more lately. I need to get a better pad and recoil system. Hopefully, that's just what you need also.

J.R. Brock

9. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

No. But, I get a chip on mine when I don't shoot good.

10. guido

guido Member

That's your head.

11. Covercollector

Covercollector Member

William,
    I had something happen that I think might be what is happening to you.I bought a new gun,it was a tad too long for me and a lump developed on my shoulder.I had the gun fitted for me and now the lump has disappeared after some time.Is this gun new to you? Was it fitted to you? I think the other poster are right in having it looked at by a doctor.

Randy

12. chemist

chemist Member

Mine is called a lipoma, an encapsulated cyst that contains a fatty waxy material. It is classified as a cosmetic issue if I wanted to have it surgically removed so I deal with it. I can move it around under the skin . It is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. This info has been verified by my dermatologist and two GP s . I shoot using gracoil or rad systems and 1 oz load. I may get it removed next winter.
    Listen to the advice of others and see a doctor. In 1983 I had a lymph node that swelled in my groin. I had it removed and they found lymphoma. Had tests. And then 5 months of chemo. Knock on wood I was lucky. If I have an issue I will contact my MD . Early detection and diagnosis will yield greater success than lets wait and see.

Good luck

Rich Kaplan. Lucky and grateful survivor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.