1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lujtic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by melbournemike, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

My son just called from long island and has gotton his father in law into trapshooting!He'slooking at a Lutic in very good cond,for$1900 .I'm not familiar with this manufacturer ,does this sound like a good price? how much are they new? and are they still made/parts available? Thanks foe any responses Mike

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

LUTIC is a quality gun. I don't know about this gun however parts are available thru Lutic... I hope this helps !!!

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Ljutic is an American made gun and the facility is in Yakima Washington. They have been in business for a very long time and are still in business. Al and Nadine Ljutic are world famous trap shooters, and designing the guns was Al's dream come true.

If the model he's buying for $1900 is a mono gun, then that is a unheard of price. An absolute steal if it is in good condition. The guns have evolved over the years and now have options like an adjustable rib, etc. They start at around $8K to $9K dollars new. Ljutic's are built like a Sherman tank and will last forever. Yes, the parts are available on this website or someone can tell you where to find them.

Congrats on a very good deal.

Kevin

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Be very careful unless you trust & know the seller well. That may be an older gun like an X-73. I suggest you get the serial #(and model if available),call Ljutic direct & get info on the gun. Then research past threads here for price/condition. Watch out for mods.

5. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

It is spelled Ljutic and it is a very good gun. You can buy a good one for $1900 but it will not be the latest and greatest but will still be a very good shooter. You can also get one that would cost some money to fix up for that price but very little can go wrong with one. Probably the worst thing would be if it is loose which might cost $1000.00 to put in a new hinge pin and latch. Very little else could be wrong with one that would run into any real money. Of course a spring or two or a pin or two but not much else.

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Get the serial number, and call Ljutic: 509-248-0476

When they answer the phone tell them you're interested in the history of a gun. Nadine Ljutic will get on the phone. She keeps a 3x5 index card on every gun that leaves the factory. She will be able to tell you all the details about the gun when it was made.

$1,900 is a low price for a working Ljutic in good shape. So, check to be sure it locks up tight, and that the wood is OK. If it doesn't have removable choke tubes, there should be two rings inside the bore near the muzzle. This is a feature unique to Ljutics, and one way to tell if the barrel has been modified.

Also, once he shoots a Ljutic, it will be hard to go back to another less expensive brand. They are super sweet shooting guns.

7. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

THanks for all the info guys I'm sure thats a ll hell need to made a good choice,(im a browning man myself)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.