1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lujtic problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gordy h, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

I have bought a 73 Lujtic used. Every 200 rounds or so the AA win. hull will not eject. it sticks so tight I have to use a rod to get the hull out. Has anyone had this happen and whats the cure? thanks Butch H

To clarify things I am shooting AA with the brass base,
    what do you mean by a sleve? wouldn't that make the chamber smaller? Makeing it harder to eject the hull?

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

mostly happens with steel hulled ammo....that has been my experoence with my 73...I bought a chamber brush from shottin' accesories and shoot only brass hulled ammo and the problem has not re-occured.

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Jimmy Ljutic has some kind of fix; he fixed one of mine and I can shoot steel based hulls...I dunno what he did, but I suspect strong ejector springs and a bit of polishing. Don't make the chamber oversize; this is a well known issue and another fix is to have the chamber sleeved slightly...made smaller so the steel hulls don't expand beyond an "elastic modulus" which means something techy, but I'm not sure quite what...

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Common in Ljutics with steel hull shells. Nothing has worked for me, including polishing the chamber. Maybe a sleeve? I rather use AA's, STS or Federal's. They won't give you any problems.

5. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

Was told when I purchased my Ljutic, "use quality shells". The few times I strayed from this advise, I had sticking problems (Rio shells). Use different shells, call ljutic, talk to Jimmy, great people.

6. Wentez

Wentez Member

When I first got my Dynokic I had extractor problems. Jimmy fitted an extractor from the Selka O/U and put a cross pin in the hinge pin. The result is the extractor will push out any shell with leverage - no spring. Talk to Jimmy and ask him about doing the job he did on my #57 Dynokic.

George Wentz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.