1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lujtic O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rhymeswithorange, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I handled an old prototype Lujtic O/U here in Illinois and heard the story behind it. I was told it was the only one they ever made, is that true? Thanks.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

No- they have made at least 3 O/Us and the last two are similar- but not to the earlier one

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

They actually sold just under 100 of the O/Us IIRC. I'm not sure how many of each type. I owned one (34" Trap) and got a chance to look at a 4 barrel Skeet set and a BEAUTIFUL engraved O/U Trap model. These guns were basically hand built by Jimmy and he can provide you more info if needed.

--- Chip King ---

4. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

There was a vender at the Missouri Fall Handicap last week with one for sale - I believe it was serial no. 40. Was rather big and heavy and felt like a farm implement when you handled it. the beav

5. JTEA

JTEA Member

Some years ago I tried an early Ljutic O/U with an un-single barrel. Contrary to most Ljutics of that time it was very quick, whippy. I think it had a 32" bbl.

JT

6. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I must have misunderstood, thanks everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.