1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LUJTIC GUNS AND HISTORY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MEELKE, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEELKE

MEELKE TS Member

GBentlemen,

Gentlemen,

First off I am the owner of the LJUTIC RIFLE RIFLE tht JimR sent the picturs of. I got the rifle when the original owner died and his son sold me the rifle. The LJUTIC RIFLE was developed for the FBI in 1937 and their RIOT RIFLES WEW MADE IN the three calibers. JimR's thread mentioned the LJUTIC DERRINGER PISTOL I will fill you in on it first. The LJUTIC DERRINGER PISTOL was made in the late 40's. There was a total of 500 units made but, only 5 were assebled and sold. Serial number 1 STAMPED 50 5 were assembled and sold and mine has a STAMPED SERIAL NUMBER 53. The LJUTICS HAVE TRIED TO RECOVER THE FOUR RTEMAINING ljutic derringer pistols BUT THEY HAVE NOT GOTTEN THEM ALL BACK. tHE ljutics HAD TO quit selling them as their FFL did not include PISTOLS. The LJUTIC RIFLE

2. MEELKE

MEELKE TS Member

GBentlemen,

Gentlemen,

First off I am the owner of the LJUTIC RIFLE RIFLE tht JimR sent the picturs of. I got the rifle when the original owner died and his son sold me the rifle. The LJUTIC RIFLE was developed for the FBI in 1937 and their RIOT RIFLES WEW MADE IN the three calibers. JimR's thread mentioned the LJUTIC DERRINGER PISTOL I will fill you in on it first. The LJUTIC DERRINGER PISTOL was made in the late 40's. There was a total of 500 units made but, only 5 were assebled and sold. Serial number 1 STAMPED 50 5 were assembled and sold and mine has a STAMPED SERIAL NUMBER 53. The LJUTICS HAVE TRIED TO RECOVER THE FOUR RTEMAINING ljutic derringer pistols BUT THEY HAVE NOT GOTTEN THEM ALL BACK. tHE ljutics HAD TO quit selling them as their FFL did not include PISTOLS. The LJUTIC RIFLE was subimitted to the government in 1938 but was rejected. The rejecetion letter said that the TOLERANCES were TOO TIGHT and the Ljutics could not produce the quanty needed. Later the LJUTIC RIFLE was submitted twice again for the M16 and M16 getting the same rejection letter, Now the South Koreans are making the rifle as an ASULT RIFLE. When I get home I will send picturtes of the LJUTIC DERRINGER PISTOL. that I have.

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Like to know more about the pistol. I have seen one, owned and holstered by an individual who is no longer in the firearm business, but was, at that time, a Ljutic dealer. He said the pistol was a gift from Al Ljutic, "just something Al was fooling around with."....one figures that pistol would be quite a collectable and historical.

4. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Has anyone ever written a book on the Ljutic's and their firearms? I would think it would sell rather well to shotgun shooters.

Eric

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why would a Lujtic pistol be collectable? There are many small manufacturers that made one gun or two- and they arent collectable.

You have to have a collector to have something.

Gene

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I figure the pistol would be collectable because: 1. Al Ljutic is well-known within the trapshooting world. 2. It is an unusual firearm. 3. Would be very representative of Al's abilities. 4. Would, along with number 3, preceding, illustrate what a "Terman Child" can and did create.

But if anybody thinks the pistol is a POS and not worth anything, I'll give a fast $100.00 immediately for one of those pistols.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I didnt say it was a POS but there is no reason it would be collectable. I dont think any increased value can be attached to something like this because that value would mean there were a lot of people willing to pay a premium for this.

I dont think that is the case.

No collector value.

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Everything has a value to someone. There are people who spend money on things all day long, I would not give two cents for, but then there are things I feel are priceless that many other people would not give a second look at.

9. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I would think a Ljutic Pistol would sell for a sizeable amount of money just because of the small number made and the quality that one would expect. If there's one for sale I would like to know, I will bid on it. Glenn

10. rd

rd TS Member

I think MEELKE is speaking of a different Ljutic derringer than the one I own (and will sell for $1500). Mine is an LJII, which appeared in many issues of the Gun Digest in I think the late eighties, priced from about $800 to $1200 over the years. My pistol- ser# 033- was sent back to Ljutic in 2008 for repair and re-engineering. I spoke directly to Nadine Ljutic about it several times. I believe she told me they made only about one or two hundred, I can't remember which.

She didn't express any interest in acquiring it for Ljutic- I think I asked her that direct question, because I wasn't really interested in spending another couple hundred dollars on it and would have sold it back to them in a second. I also am certain she had one for sale at their booth at the 2005 Grand, in worse condition than the one I have, for $1500, and it had been sold by the end of the shoot. Look in the archives for the previous thread started by Rick Barker about the derringer, about a month ago. Far down in the thread, you will find pictures of the pistol I have for sale, still. There must not be much collector interest, because I have not received many inquiries. Bob Doyle

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Everybody interested in Ljutic history should have a copy of a book that contained an interview with Nadine.

The book was self-published by the author: Pat (Mrs. Duane) Lane. She may still have a few copies available.

She lives in Pullman, WA - 509 334 0260

12. rd

rd TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.