1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LUGERS WANTED

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by davidjayuden, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm always looking to buy original military Lugers, WW1 or WW2, as well as their holsters, accessories, etc. Also some interest in other military sidearms of those periods.
    davidjayuden@msn.com.
    Thanks;
    dju

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I find them a lot of fun to shoot- when you get one that will feed and I own one now. I would imagine the magazine has a lot to do with that feeding issue as well as the ammo

In fact they are amoung the most fun centerfire handguns to shoot that I have ever tried

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

Don't know what you're smoking, Gene...the Luger has an awkward mechanism, terrible grip shape, tiny sights (almost useless)...within the field of German war pistols, the Walther P38 is 10 times the gun that the Luger is.

Hell, even the clumsy broomhandle Mauser is a better shooter, once you get the damn thing loaded...

4. davidjayuden

0   0   0

Gene:
    You are correct that magazines and ammo play a huge part in correct function. Most shooters have good luck with MecGar magazines and the white boxes of Winchester ammo, 115 gr. as I recall. I have good luck with Sellar and Beloit 115 gr, but terrible luck with reloads. The same reloads that other guns love.
    BuzzGun:
    I can't agree on your dislike of the grip shape, as to me it fits well. But your other comments are spot on. However no one wants Lugers because they are the best guns out there. We love them, well, just because...
    Thanks to you both.
    dju

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a p-38 with holster---How do you tell value?---SJB---

6. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

0   0   0

David have a 30 cal WW2 Luger in great shape.
    Several boxes amo.

E-mail me if interested.

D

7. davidjayuden

0   0   0

SJB
    Regarding the value of your P-38, I suppose we start with date and markings and see what we can learn from them.
    Thanks;
    dju

"I have a p-38 with holster---How do you tell value?---SJB"

8. davidjayuden

0   0   0

Oddly enough I have never owned a P38. Yet.
    dju

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

My p-38 markings---It has p38---94---again 94---el on trigger guard---it has a stamp back of muzzle may be a W---I took it apart some yrs ago and think I remember a W stamped inside---not knowing much about the gun I had a hard time putting it back together so I don't want to get inside again without some instructions---The gun is in VG condition---I never shot it but everything works--
    Holster in ex condition-----Any input appreciated---Thanks---George

10. davidjayuden

0   0   0

Any "dirty birds" (eagle/swastika) or the name of manufacture? How about a date? Some were Walther and some post war guns were Manhurin. Surely there is more than just p-38 and W.
    I really know nothing about P-38s and suggest that you check on http://luger.gunboards.com
    Good luck!
    dju

11. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

The P38 feels like a heavy paperweight in your hand

The luger feels like you are holding a piece of art or a fine woman (You can close your eyes and imagine what the possibilities are as you hold and caress the grip-- you know you are holding something mature yet with experiences a younger model would never have)

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

0   0   0

Gene:

Will have to feel of my Luger again - never got the
    fine woman feel.

Doyal

13. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Back in the 80s I had 28 S42s. Two K dates 6 G dates and a few P 38s. I found a number of these guns by running adds in the paper to buy war relics. Don't have any thing left but still find one from time to time.

14. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

0   0   0

Gene: Checked again - still not the fine woman feel????

Doyal

15. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

LOL

Close your eyes

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

VF126---No markings on the holster---Its black hard leather with attached pouch to hold extra clip---VG condition---P38--Right side has two small stamped winged eagles---rt side of trigger guard has #46---Top of 5" bbl has what looks like an eagle or some kind of a bird---Left side of trigger guard has EL---Top of trigger guard has #94 and another #88-----Left side of slide has P38---#94---cv4----s---and another s for safety---Front under bbl another #94---I think that when I took it apart some yrs ago I remember seeing a W someware---The gun is in perfect condition---Grips are black plastic with a clip to attach a cord to the holster I guess---Thats the best for now---George

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

All this talk of old pistols and the finer things in life makes me want to go fondle my Grande Puissance.

-Gary

18. davidjayuden

0   0   0

Over these long winter months my Wed. night motorcycle riding friends become shooters at the local pistol range. Gives me a chance to rotate thru all the pistols in the safe and "reconnect".
    dju

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

Gene,

If your Luger finally convinced you to give up fondling boys...I'm willing to concede the point, lol.

20. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Are you guys friends?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.