1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ludicrous speed...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

I would like to start a petition to ban stoves. All stoves are bad they burn people and houses. Electric or gas. They have been the cause of many deaths and disfigurations through the years. Property loss as well. Enough is enough. They should be banned.
    Would anyone like to help pursue this? There should be immediate action on this.

Next clothes dryers.

It is an urgent safety issue.

2. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Many years back when my oldest daughter was in grade school, she did a science project that was supposedly for chemistry but in truth was for something else.

She was circulating a petition to ban, or at least severely restrict the use of a dangerous and deadly chemical to only licensed and certified users. This chemical has been responsible for the deaths of millions of people due it its completely unregulated use. It can be obtained in solid, liquid or gaseous forms and is deadly in all three phases.

People have even been known to ingest this chemical to expedite the release of other chemicals ingested for assorted purpose including self-medication.

It is so corrosive that it has the ability to dissolve solid rock and eat away at metals. It can dissolve a great number of materials and cause them to become part of unwanted chemical reactions. It is often released into the atmosphere without any processing to reduce its deadly capabilities.

This chemical can cause death in any number of ways. These include by asphyxiation, thermal burns, impact injury and physical changes in the balance causing impact injuries when a body may impact on the ground. It also has the deadly ability to cause friction reduction which leads to vehicular accidents, often resulting in serious injuries or even death.

Given all these negatives she was able to convince a number of people, including highly educated adults, to sign her petition to ban this lethal chemical. It is called di-hydromonoxide.

Only one adult and two or three children refused to sign claiming that this chemical was needed in certain chemical and biological activities. These non-signers referred to di-hydromonoxide by is chemical formula, H2O.

Some of the people were fairly upset when they found out that they had signed a petition to ban, are you sure you are ready for this, WATER!

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

EPA agrees, water is a pollutant.

And just to show how things have changed, I remember water was an element, not a chemical.

4. rpeerless

Left out wood stoves. Can tiny tragic Newtown, a pinhole on the map, leave this whole immense Nation defenseless?

5. rpeerless

This was intended as a parody on "selective" safety issues...Had no idea when I started this thread that the EPA is actually trying to prohibit wood burning stoves...unbelievable Just read it on clashdaily.com.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Using a deadly tragic event for your amusement only shows everyone what a idiot you really are!!!

You should be horse whipped, gutted and fed to hungry pigs!!!!

7. cnsane

cnsane Member

Hey, maybe you could whine to the Moderators and get this thread pulled also. Still would like to shake your hand.

8. rpeerless

I think you should read safety reports on stoves and clothes dryers in relation to home fires and fatalities before you mouth off. The fact is that this is not a safety issue for the item itself but the onus is on the USER. If they are all used for destruction and improperly handled they are all dangerous. Should these items all be banned? How about hammers and 2x4's?

The government must think so if you follow their line of thinking...

Don't use the deaths of those beautiful children to bully me. May they rest in peace and may their families find solace in the fact that I have prayed for their souls.

9. rpeerless

The point is simply that the government can not ban everything that has caused an injury or a death because we will have nothing.

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

My wife will help you man the barricades. Just say when and where.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.