1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lucas Oil Red N Tacky Grease

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 687_SP_II, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

Has anyone tried the Lucas Oil Red N Tacky grease for hinge pins and the like? The published info looks good and it is only $5-$6 a tube.

2. kenf

kenf Active Member

I like and it seems to work as good as the Amsoil synthetic. The neighbor turned me onto Shell grease that does not breakdown in the heat (oil running out of the gun). He runs a excavatig company, so I trust he knows his grease.

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I've used the Lucas for a few years. Works well for me.

All you need is a small amount.

Grease is a must in my opinion, especially if you shoot a BT 99.

Regards....Gerald

4. shrek

shrek Active Member

It's good stuff. It has done well for me on my 525's.

5. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

The Lucas Red N Tacky is what I used for general lube on action bars, pivot pins, pistol slides etc. I use STP for things like sears, locking bolts and high pressure / wear parts. Rem Oil or Break Free works good on non high pressure things like triggers mechanisms and semiauto moving parts. Most stuff will probably do a good job, just keep it clean.

6. 3357

3357 Member

Red n Tacky is good stuff, I have been using it for 2 years with good results.

7. WCR

WCR TS Member

I work for an automotive, Truck, agrcultrial & excavating equipment repair service selling parts over the counter and Lucas Red N Tacky is the number one seller with our customers and mechanics.

Bill

8. shrek

shrek Active Member

I happened to clean one of my 870's the other day and instead of STOS I put a little Red N Tacky on the action bars and also a little between the bolt and bolt carrier, in the same manner I would normally do with STOS, and boy o boy the gun sure seemed to "shuck" and lot smoother and quicker than it does/did when greased with the STOS

9. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

With the suggestions here I bought a tube of this stuff. What are some of the ways you guys make it more portable instead of hauling around a grease gun tube. I was thinking of maybe putting some into a medicine syringe so it can be accurately applied.

Bryan

10. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

If you, or if you know anyone who, refill their inkjet ink cartridges, try to get one of the empty syringes after they are done with it. The syringe will hold a bit more, about 9 cc. or so, of contents, the "needle" which is a bit bigger than most medical needles and is blunt tipped, should probably work quite well. The tip screws on and off the syringe body and it has a carrier/protector. Plus with the larger diameter hole in the needle, the flow would be easier. You can also use it without the tip to feed directly from the syringe through a larger hole.

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Another choice would be the injectors used to inject meat.

12. shrek

shrek Active Member

Or if you happen to have one of those little tubs that Briley puts their choke tube lube in, you could put some in that after it is empty. Or an empty STOS can

13. 3357

3357 Member

My local Ace Hardware sells empty white syringes like the ones Shooters Choice grease comes in. They are .59 cents each and work well.

14. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the syringes. I am going to try a syringe that you get from your local pharmacy for children's medicine. But I do like the idea of a syringe that has a tube for application.

Bryan

15. Indyfireman

Indyfireman Member

around here the farm supply stores all sell them thats what I use for mine
    Curt

16. r_chappy

r_chappy Member

go to ace hardware and purchase a tube of their lithium red grease for grease guns. it is cheap and you gets lots of it and will last you for many years.

17. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I use an empty STOS syringe.

18. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Check with your dentest for a large syringe , it's plastic and holds a lot of grease. They use it to irrigate gums after pulling teeth.

19. Grizzlyman

Grizzlyman Member

I use the Sta Plex High Pressure Red Grease myself. A little goes a long way.
    I have enough for a lifetime for six bucks or so.

Try a farm supply store for large plastic tipped syringes.
    Good bets are Farm & Fleet, Farm & Home, Farm King, Ag Supply, etc.

I did not know that ACE Hardware might have those STOS style syringes, 3357. I will check it out. Thanks.

20. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

where do you find the red & Tacky grease. Wild Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
forum red n tacky
lucas oil red tacky grease for guns

lucas red n tacky

lucas red n tacky for guns

mobilgrease xhp 222 vs lucas red n tacky

red n tacky for guns