1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lucas Oil Grease

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trinketshooter, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Has anyone ever used the red Lucas Oil grease that is sold in auto parts stores to lube the pivot points on an over and under? Neil

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

No, but even Crisco should work for that application. Use whatever corks your bottle.

MK

3. RDM

RDM TS Member

I use Lucas gun oil on all of my guns, works very well.

4. Unknown1

What else have you tried that DIDN'T work very well?

MK

5. shark1

shark1 Member

The LUCAS OIL synthetic is even better. Both greases will work fine. Mike Sharkey, DC

6. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I guy at our gun club once told me that he thought some of the commercially available gun greases were actually automotive greases but just sold in different packaging. The large tubes would be alot cheaper. Neil

7. 3357

3357 Member

I use the Lucas Oil "Red and Tacky #2" it works very well and I believe the tube I bought will last my lifetime.

8. Unknown1

<blockquote><I>"I guy at our gun club once told me that he thought some of the commercially available gun greases were actually automotive greases but just sold in different packaging."</I></blockquote>I'd be really surprised if that was the case. Companies that sell "gun grease" most likely buy it mixed to their specs from companies that blend stocks to order. Auto greases need additives that gun greases don't need; additives raise the cost. A simple grease in a small container makes more profit than a more expense grease in the same quantity would make.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.