1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Lucas Gun Oil

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Picked this up at O'Reilly Auto Parts this morning while getting a fuel pump for the boys truck. They sucked me in by having it displayed by the cash register. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. So, anybody tried it?

grntitan_2009_2503328.jpg
  2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

No, I haven't tried Lucas oil on my guns.

I do use Clenzoil in my Hemi Cuda, though.

-Gary :p
  3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

It's not gonna do anything that any other oil won't do. But as a gun oil I think it's too thick.

I bought 2 bottles and found it works pretty well on the hinges of my front door that catches all the weather.

Keller
  4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My gf thinks its great...
  5. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

I almost said something and had a last-second change of mind. What little I have left......

Charlie
  6. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Member

It seems to be a very good product. It seems to creep to all areas even if you miss a small area.It also seems to protect for a longer period of time than a lot of other gun oil products do.

Dave Berlet
  7. pyrdek

pyrdek Active Member

I too found it on the shelf at an auto parts store. Tried it and like it! I shoot an 1100 and a 11-87 with light 7/8 oz loads (around 1150-1200 FPS) nd was having trouble getting the action to eject the empty. I shoot them wet so I had been using a number of different lubricants to try to get a more reliable function but never found one that worked, at least for more than a couple hundred rounds.

The Lucas, which they claim is designed for fully auto firearms, worked just great for that. The action has been ejecting just about every time. The few times it doesn't the sound of the shell is "Off" so I figure my reload just didn't deliver the oomph the action needs. I sometimes shoot a one man squad and I am a very quick out of the house, throw another shell in and go again. When I do this for a 100 targets the oil just keeps right on working even thoug I can get a burn if I touch the barrel. I will believe their full auto claim!

I also use it on my rifles and handguns even though they do not get the extreme use the shotguns do, Cold weather does not seem to bother it a bit either in any of my firearms.

I recommend it for my my style of use.

Read about it. Click Here
  8. BARTMAN

BARTMAN TS Member

I use it on my benchrest rifle. I have not found any oil as slick as the lucas
  9. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

Works great, but don't get it on anything but your gun. It stained my light colored table top.
  10. skeetshooter

skeetshooter TS Member

I have used this oil for years. A lite coating on firearms works wonders for storage. Use it for trigger assembly's and virtually everything but hinges on my Kreighoffs and Browning o/u's.
  11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Clenzoil for all of your fine guns, leather, and wood ... I have used it for years and never had a problem ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  12. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Active Member

But you can't buy Clenzoil at WalMart. I thought if WalMart didn't have it, you don't need it.
  13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Yes, you can ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Active Member

Never seen it in my area before
  15. shadow

shadow Active Member

I even use it for my baitcasting reels----good stuff !
  16. shadow

shadow Active Member

I even use it for my baitcasting reels----good stuff !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.