1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lubrication of Ejectors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have seen multiple posts regarding lubrication of the hinge pins,etc. What do lubricate your ejectors with and how often do you remove them for cleaning and lubrication?

Charlie

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Have no clue how to remove the ejectors from my Browning o/u and it's been 40 years since I got it. I clean the ejector plates with a spray of brake cleaner once a year or so and then use a couple of drops of Tri-Flow or the like in the channels the plates ride in. Never had a problem and don't expect one.

Eric

3. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Eric,

YOur Browning must be part Tmex "Keeps on Ticking"

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Could be because it's a Belgium Browning Broadway not the Citori line.

Eric

5. ken a

ken a Member

Charlie,I use the rem oil spray and mr. Mixer it's on a citori.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

TinMan88- You described a good method. If you want to get more sophisticated, ATF is as good as motor oil. Also, the transmission fluid has, in my opinion, a prettier color than motor oil.

Pat Ireland

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I put a drop of oil (or Breakfree CLP) on the inside surface of each ejector about every 200 rounds or so. I can't remember the last time I removed the ejectors for cleaning. I'm sure it has been 2 or 3 years (at least).

If you don't want to remove the ejectors but still want to clean them, just stand the chamber end of the barrels in a container of kerosene or mineral spirits. Slosh it around for a few minutes, then dry off and lubricate. VOILA.

Easystreet

8. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Remove my K80 injectors about twice a year, clean, then lube with Kreighoff grease. Also remove the aluminum plug in the unsingle barrel and clean, then lube it with Kreighoff grease to control electrolysis of aluminum on steel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning ejector cleaning

how do i clean the ejectors on my browning citori