1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lubrication for Beretta Xtrema 2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have always run my model 1100's a little on the dry side. I have used Hornady One Shot lubrication on my son's Xtrema 2 but I am not sure that is enough. Any suggestions.

2. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Does the gun not cycle properly?

3. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Super slick slick stuff from Ace hardware.

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Run all Beretta autos wet as you can without it running out. Break Free CLP is the best choice period.

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

BAD303 got it right. Shoot it "wet" with Breakfree CLP and don't look back.

6. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

My Extrema does fine with very light lubrication. I use BreakFree CLP on the action and bolt. The magazine tube gets a wipe with the same and or Rust Prevent. Silicon cloth on the exterior. Arkansas duck hunting in the swamps and rice paddies have caused no problems. Lee Wild

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

BreakFree CLP all the way....G96 is not bad either....

8. Charlie Becknell

Thanks. I guess I was running this too dry. I was surprised that an auto needed to be run wet.

Charlie

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Those are metal to metal parts moving around. Kind of like running your cars engine with no oil.

10. Charlie Becknell

Tron,

I had used the Hornandy One Shot ,which is a lubricant . It goes on wet , then drys to leave no oily residue. I thought that this would attract less burnt powder residue. I use this on my Spolar where the primer feed goes across and it works great. I hear you are the Beretta Automatic Guru.

Charlie

11. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Charlie my guess is what you are using has teflon in it is that correct? Wet is the only way to go trust us guys that shoot them year around. If oil is trying to run out you have just the right amount applied. I shoot about 10,000 rounds each year thru a 303 and 390 and only clean them twice each. They work like a sewing machine as long as i give them a squirt of oil before i shoot each day. Only clean when they get sluggish. Breakfree CRP keeps them running without a hiccup. Some guys just clean them way more than necessary and then don't apply enough lubricant whan they get done. Like Tron said when you drain oil in your car you put in just as much as you took out. Beretta autos love oil.

12. Charlie Becknell

You boys have made a believer out of me. Start drilling off the gulf again, I am going to need OIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.