1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lube Sizer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jojo1234, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojo1234

jojo1234 TS Member

I would to know what might be the best bullet lube sizer. I will be doing 9mm,38 spec,45acp. Thanks for your help.
    John Gordon

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Run a search for star lubrisizer on ebay. I have 3 of them, each is setup for different dia. bullets. This is the best lubsizer known and with a bucket under one with a heated base and air fed lube pressurizer you can do well over 1,000 bullets each hour. Just a basic machine you can do more then 500 per hour.

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Here's the deal. If you are doing a huge volume and you want speed, then a Star is the way to go. There simply is none faster nor more accurate. Sizing nose first is a much better way to do things. Now, that being said, for the casual sizer, the guy who does bullets in lots of 150-200 and changes calibers a lot, the next best choice is RCBS. All Lyman dies will interchange and the dies are easy to find and relatively cheap... cf Star @ $40 ea and RCBS/Lyman @ $20 ea. The Lyman machine is ok but it's not as sturdy as the RCBS and tends to leak lube at the base. Now, so far we have not mentioned the Redding/SAECO. The reason being is that dies are no easy to come by, the damn machine is expensive and its handle does not give you much leverage. That being said, it's a fine machine and fun to use but it has not practical advantage over the RCBS.

I own four sizers, 2 Stars, a Lachmiller (early RCBS) and an RCBS. I had a Cramer (early SAECO/Redding) and got rid of it. The dies and top punches were too danged expensive and gave me no advantage over the RCBS unit.

Why do i own four? I hate changing lubes and the Star offers me an advantage in accuracy when sizing long 45 cal 600 grain bullets for BPCR

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

omgb, one of my 3 stars is setup for sizing .576 minnie's which are pure lead so there is no extra strain on the linkage. I make my own dies and bullet punches, also I have a RCBS and 2 older Ideals which I do my 535 Postels in. I have a mold that I made with a core pin to make lube cylinders for the press that sizes BPCR bullets. When I make a new die for the RCBS/Lyman I put in a few different 3 hole width patterens and plug what I don't need like the Stars.

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

You'll get along just fine with either a Lyman or an RCBS sizer/luber, John.
    Dies and top punches are interchangable between these two. I have an RCBS Lube-a-matic and two Lyman 450's......three different lubes for different applications, it's easy to switch dies and top punches.......not so easy to switch lube. If you're just gonna' be sizing/lubing modern smokeless pistol loads you'll get by just fine with one sizer filled with just regular bullet lube.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best lubrasizer

can i do 500 bullet a hower with lyman 45 sizer

cramer bullet lube sizer

lube sizer die 576

redding lube sizer leaking

saeco redding lubrisizer

the best bullet lube sizer

the best bullet lube sizer rcbs