1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lube Question for Ljutic Experts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I received the firing pin upgrade and new trigger pins for my Ljutic Mono today and just removed the old firing pin.

Questions:

1. Am I correct to assume the firing pin is just held in place by the retainer hex screw (no spring)?

2. Do the trigger pins just push out?

3. What lube should I use for the firing pin and trigger pins? Grease, oil or nothing?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

1. spring goes in front of in, then screw secures in place. It has a small lock washer on it.
    2. I believe you can just push out old pin with new one. I use Remington oil on mine.
    3. No lube on firing pin and I spray trigger with Remington oil and shake off excess.
    Birdtracker

3. Guy

Guy Member

STP on the roll pins.....says Al.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

A little Rem oil on the trigger group and release button. And Rig grease on the receiver.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but i understood RIG grease is a good rust preventative, but has very little lube properties.

A gentleman I shoot with has several Ljutics & he has put lots of rounds through them, His gun have zero wear. He uses Super Lube.

Phil Berkowitz

6. elinvar

elinvar Member

The factory uses a special " Ljutic Lube" grease the Jimmy Ljutic came up with- I am the sole distributor of the " JMT " grease- This is the grease used on all new Ljutic's and any that come back to the factory for repair.

Can be used on all lubication points.

5.99 for 20ml syringe or 1oz jar.

Terry Jones

Terry's Gun Vault
    103 N Main
    Pierson Station, IL 61929
    217-433-9885

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

The early Mono Guns DID NOT have a return spring on the firing pin. Later models have the spring. Ljutic offers an update to older guns. At some point in early production a groove was machined into the ejector for pin clearance when gun is in the first stages of being opened.

I have Mono Guns both with and without the return spring. As long as the firing pin is not held too far beyond (.030") receiver face by hammer spring pressure I find no benefit either way. I do suggest the above mentioned ejector notch.

I have found that if I have a problem I can not diagnose with any of my Ljutics a quick call to Jimmy or Mikey at Ljutic usually helps.

Another vote for SUPER LUBE. A SYNTHETIC relatively low viscosity grease with powdered TEFLON partilles thru out. Simply modern technology. Can be purchased at ACE Hardware among other sources. A $5 tube will last for years. On the pins I use TRIFLOW or TRIFLON (same product). For long trouble free service I wipe away the old grease and relube (grease only) after every day's shooting. I have guns that have been serviced this way that are still very tight after decades of active shooting. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.