1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ltb sporting clays gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeetiee, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

I think i have sold my boat. Now i am starting to shop for a nice used sporting clays shotgun. I like o/u as well as auto. I have several of both. Just wanting to know what might be out there for sale? thanks Lee

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The advantage of the auto is less recoil. With this said, many of the newer backbored, ported tournament O/U's have little recoil.

The advantages of the O/U is simplified maintenence, TWO DIFFERENT CHOKES, the ability to reverse firing order and choking without changing anything, often better handling, and gun club etiquette is easier to comply with.

If you reload, you don't have brass to chase. If range policy is "pick up yout brass", you don't have to.

Also, lighter loads will work in the O/U. What's not to love?

Although I shoot a K-80, the Browning fits me very well and I find I am gravitating back to them. Some folks like the way a Beretta fits.

Shoot several of each before you plunk down your cash.

3. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Lee a good freind passed away and his Kolar o/u is for sale.It is a Sporting model .750 bores 32 in barells.If interested please email me.thanks Don

4. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

pat
    please let me know more about the 625. I have not had the chance to shoulder one yet, and the looks may have to grow on me. I will go and see if our browning dealer has one and see how if feels.
    Thanks shooting coach for the tip, I shot a browing well enough in 06 to make the Illinois all state sporting clays team for 07, so i think i may stay with a browning. the Beretta auto is also a favorite gun of mine. I have a 32" 390 sporter with weinig custum fit stock that i shoot well. thanks To all, Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.