1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LTB ruger mini 14 ranch

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeetiee, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

i dont know why but i want a used ruger mini 14 ranch rifle. if you got one let me know what you need for it. thanks lee

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have one NIB. Never fired and only wiped down with oily rag. It is Stainless with Syth stock. It is the ranch rifle so it has the rings also. These have went sky high in pricing over the last several years. Current dealer cost is 571.00. I would sell and ship anywhere in the lower 48 to an FFL for 540.00, this may be more than your wanting to spend but I wanted to let you know the current dlr. cost. Bryan

3. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

Bryan,
    I don't think your price is out of line. After Hillary gets elected, these will be worth 4 figures!!! During one of the left-wing assualt gun freakouts I sold a similar gun for $600 (when they were going for about $300 list).
    But seriously folks... those are cool guns. I own one and have some advice/info for you.
    1) they shoot milsurp ammo w/variable accuracy - cheap fun, but if you're going to plink use gallon sized containers and limit the range to 50 yds!! 2) if you handload, you can get very good accuracy (usually) with established varmint loads using 50+/- gr. .224 bullets. I've gotten 1 1/2" groups at 100yds. 3) they're made in America!!!

I've always thought that at one time or another, every American (male and female) should own a Rem 870, Win Mod 94, Ruger 10/22 and perhaps a Mini 14 (that's a minimum - personally, I think one should own as many firearms as you do golf clubs - I don't golf so... I own even more firearms to make up for it).

Have fun, and Happy New Year.

Mike

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

I'm with Billary- what law-abiding citizen needs a sniper, mass murdering capable weapon like a Mini 14?

5. smartass

smartass TS Member

"A mini-14 is a .22 on steroids"- now doesn't that say everything about your intellect? Is that just like a 223 is a 220 swift on a diet? Quack, quack.

6. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Anonynous Stud...add another S to your initials and we have an absolute match with some human anatomy. Go AWAY, back to whatever liberal whacked out life you got and leave us normal people alone!!!!

Gun loving normal American

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

kerby the neanderthall, just bacause I want to protect the children from all you big, badass gun worshipers you have to throw out such nasty insults? Like Bill and Hillary always say: "It's all for the children".

kerby, don't you like children for anything besides target practice? Also, kehrby, if you want to call someone an "ass", just do it and don't babble like a bonehead.

8. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Where in the world do you get off saying that children are good for target practice? If you spent some time on this site you would see that we enjoy having our children spend time with us at the range.

I'm also just saying that in the threads I have read from you, you make an ass of yourself and thats just stating fact. You are a troll here and thats all you are. I also notice that you never leave your name?

Steve

9. smartass

smartass TS Member

Nice chatting with you kehrby, the suckerfish. Try not to swallow that hook so completely next time.

I like my Ruger Ranch Model quite well. As much as I enjoy shooting, fishing for suckerfish is quite satisfying also. Thanks a bunch.

10. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Troll, and not even a good one.

Steve

11. smartass

smartass TS Member

Didn't take much to bag a kehrby suckerfish. LMAO

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

semi-auto rifles are ok for hunting. i bought my wife a Bernelli semi rifle in 300WSM to cut down on recoil. She loves it. In fact she just took a good mule deer with it. 27 inch by 27 inch.

13. smartass

smartass TS Member

Duck, OK so you are a fowl genius as well as a blowhard and a braggart. BTW, who certified your IQ, Brittany Spears? Don't be such a tightass.

14. unioncracker

unioncracker Member

I own a ranch rifle and have considered replacing it with a colt etc. It is a good strong action but the metal band must cause issues when shot a few times and the barrel gets warm. Would like to accurize it in some way but past research revealed it is very costly because of the band that prevents the barrel from free floating somewhat. Any ideas out there.

Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.