1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LTB: Doubles Trap in Midwest

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

My Izaak Walton club got the go ahead to buy a doubles trap. We are in central Iowa and would like it as close as possible, but may go further if it's a good deal. As far as I know, there is no real criteria on what it has to be, as long as it is relatively clean, can throw doubles and has the ability for a wobbler to be attached later. If your club happens to have one for sale, please feel free to contact me by email or PM. Thanks, Josh.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Josh- I would recommend a PAT Trap. What kind of traps do you now have? Most of them can be used to throw doubles. Use caution if you purchase a wobble trap. I have never been able to get one adjusted to throw good singles or doubles targets.

Pat Ireland

3. mark54

mark54 Member

We have a GMV Super Star that does all 3 with no problem. Great trap. Not for sale.

Mark54 in Lititz

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I'm with Mark54. We have a Super Star wobble that swaps back and forth with ease and consistent repeatability. I wish we had another so we could try running some special events on them. The wobble feature is well worth the extra money. Shoot well and often, Bob

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Pat, I don't know your problems but our wobble works like a charm. The only difference is the hydralic cylinder to control the height. Everything else about the machine is just the same. We have replaced the target finger with one of Bob Schultz's but other then that, it's stock straight from the factory. It throws the correct speed and distance without a problem. And with the finger changed, the correct angles.

Big Jack

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

As much as I'd love to get a Pat trap, it's just not in our budget. We are just looking for a smaller trap that is able to throw both good doubles and singles. I only mentioned the wobbler because there was talk of eventually adding a wobbler to it, but we probably couldn't afford it right away. Thanks, Josh. (Drop the X's on the email)

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Do yourself a favor and spend the little extra in the beginning for a good machine ... you will be tremendously happier in the long run and it will actually cost you less over time than going cheap now.

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

before jumping on the super star bandwagon, you may want to talk to people who shoot at elysburg - I shot there at the Westy Hogans and the doubles really stunk. The traps were wobbling instead of being stationary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.