1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LTB 6mm Remington rifle

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeetiee, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

0   0   0

Hey fellas i need some help again. I am looking for a nice used 6mm remington or 243 varmint rifle. Heavy barrel. I have looked everywere for a 6mm remington varmint rifle so you guys are my last hope. Doesnt matter who made the rifle just let me know if you have one to sell. If i cant find a 6mm rem i will settle for a 243. thanks Lee

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

That's a tough caliber to find in any rifle, as I'm sure you are aware. It's a darned shame that Remington used a 1-12" twist in the early .244s but they made the same mistake with their .260. As with the 6mm, they've fixed the .260 but I'm afraid the damage is done.

I have a M700 C-grade from the Custom Shop in 6mm Rem with a 24" sporter barrel that I've used for woodchuck hunting a couple of times over the 30+ years I've owned it. It's beautiful, has a super-crisp trigger I've never had to touch, has abolutely no markings on the barrel except "6MM REM" and proof marks and is extremely accurate. It is one rifle I will never sell ... well, unless the price is REAL right.

Ed

3. swipoff

swipoff TS Member

0   0   0

Any interest in a 25 06?

Justin

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

How about a Remington 788 in 6mm. Left hand bolt, Right hand ejection.

5. textrap

textrap TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Ruger No.1 carbine in 6mm. Let me know if you are interested.
    Billy

6. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

0   0   0

Thanks for all the info, still havent found the right one yet. Thanks and keep them comming. Lee

7. striper

striper Member

0   0   0

I have a 6mm imp that was custom built for me years ago and shot very little. It has a fab piece of fiddle back maple on it and a german scope. It would not be cheap but I have all the dies etc and can send you pics when I get home from a trip on thursday. Its a killer varmit and deer rifle. Let me know if you want pics and I can give you my phn number to chat. I had the gun built for me when I lived out west now I live in Ga and do more trap than anything. I would love to find a good home for this gun it is one of my prized possessions. Jim

8. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

0   0   0

I own a Remington 660 in 6mm Remington with see thru scope mounts. Absolutely beautiful gun.

I shot some really nice deer with this gun. I no longer hunt but still admire the gun. The one pictured is a photo I found on the net. If you could locate one of these rifles you would have yourself one fine gun. I have owned mine since the late 60's. A similar model was the Mohawk 600.

Dale

[​IMG]

9. LABS4U0

LABS4U0 TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Remington 700 BDL Varmit 6mm with a Leupold 3x9x50. It is located in Gering, NE. I will not ship. Darren

10. wheatshocker

wheatshocker TS Member

0   0   0

XP100:

I might be interested in that 6mm 788 'Lefty' you mentioned. Is it still available?

Shoot me an email some time.

Thanks,
    -wheatshocker

11. peanut gallery

peanut gallery TS Member

0   0   0

check on 6mm br website

12. xcollector

xcollector TS Member

0   0   0

skeetie,

if you need 6mm brass and dies drop me a line.

Doug

13. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

0   0   0

I too have a 6mm-244 in a Rem BDL which is like new condition, which has a weaver K6 wide angle scope on it. I purchased it about 20 plus years agoa brand new. I hadnt planned on selling but might be open to offers. I dont believe that it has two boxes shot through It. laex Kotter superior wisconsin

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

Why not buy a Remington 700 action and have it rebarreled? Then you would start out fresh with exactly what you want...twist, contour, barrel not shot out, etc.

15. OzarkGun

OzarkGun Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have a 6MM Remington custom rifle. It is built on a late '03 Springfield action and a custom laminated stock. It has been shot very little. The last time I sighted it in (5 years ago), it shot a sub-inch group. I would be interested in a reasonable deal or maybe an interesting trade. I am not a rifle guy so most of mine never get shot. Jack

16. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

0   0   0

I sold a 6mm Rem Mohawk a couple of days ago. Fellow bought it for his daughter to use for deer hunting.

17. remman

remman TS Member

0   0   0

Email sent with custom 6mm /Unertl Jim

18. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hello Skeet...

Try this link ...nice 6mm Rem. 700

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/wheeling/fine_rifle/1129130_rem700cust6mm_whe.jsp

CW

19. husker

husker Member

0   0   0

Have a Browning B78 in 6mm that is nicer than the one currently on Gunbroker that is advertised for $1199. Would part with it for $900 plus shipping.

Roger Hudson

20. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

Please don't say "settle for a .243". It has been whuppin' the 6's butt since 55 in sales. I'm on my second. Had a 6 and really couldn't see the difference, just like the short action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

6pm rem barrle for sale