1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LT. Full vs Full choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I started shooting Teague chokes in my K80 and really like them. I found some Teague extended chokes on closeout. The tightest constriction they have is Lt. Full. If I wanted Full, I would have to order from Teague himself.

anyone shoot a Lt. Full and find it's tight enough for doubles, bunker, pigeons, etc.?

2. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

I shoot .025 and .030 for doubles and carry a 96% average but It's strictly personal preference.

3. team henges

team henges TS Member

I only shoot a light full in singles and handicap. I shoot a modified the first shot in doubles and a light full the second shot. I personally like the wrights chokes and have nevers shot teague chokes.

brendan

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Light Full is still a Martian Death Ray.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

One choke manufacturer's "light full" may have a .030" constriction relative to the gun's bore while another maker might call that a "full". (EG. <I>Angleport</i> INV+ "full" chokes are .030"; <I>Briley</i> INV+ "full" chokes are ".035".

Bottom line is that the way the choke performs is more important than the numbers it carries on its side.

MK

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

thanks...I will look into buying the Lt. Full choke then....

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

You will find no difference in your scores when using two chokes that are withing .005" of each other.

8. over/under

over/under Member

Only have 2 choke tubes for my 90T. Lt full usually for 16's & 27 yrds, unless it is windy. If windy I will put in the full. Both are Briley.

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Until you measure the diameter of your barrel and find the amount of constriction with each choke you will not know what you are shooting. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.