1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LSU vs UA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Tide! However, I believe I watched at least 6 college teams play in post season bowl games that could have beaten LSU seriously and maybe beaten the tide.

blade819

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Only in your dreams. Nobody could have beat Bama yesterday. SEC - A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!

3. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Freudian slip I suppose but isn't AU that "other" school in the state of Alabama? I've noticed they get really mad when you switch those around. :)

Gotta give Bama credit, that's a heckuva defense.

4. THALL

THALL Member

Looked like total domination by the Tide. Lowest rating for TV viewers in the history of the BCS. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/alabama-lsu_produces_lowest_tv.html Tim Hall

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Boring game. I can't imagine anyone but a real football fan watching that game to the end.

6. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

SEC football is hardball. Everything else is T-Ball. Blade819 how about listing those 6 teams that could have beaten the TIDE. And AU stands for Auburn University. If you are going to live in SEC Country you need to learn more about the SEC if you are going to comment on it. You must be a recent transplant. I watched the game to the end. No conference plays defense like the SEC. Defense wins championships.

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I watched it to the end too because that incredible defensive performance by Alabama was one for the history books. It will be talked about for decades and I'm glad to be able to say I was a witness rather than saying "I was too bored to bother".

It would be a kick to see that defense against the Green Bay or New Orleans offense.

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Great defense and allowing little over 8 points a game is amazing. Defense will win games. BAMA is #1 for sure, but I question LSU 2nd. LSU quaterback is disappinting for a #2 team.

9. blade819

Yes I changed the title to UA. I have lived in SEC territory for 25 years. SEC is good but other conferences are good also with higher grade point and graduation rates. Schools that could have beaten LSU:
    Stafford, Georgia, Wisconsin, South Carolinia, Boise St., Oklahome State. These teams could have all given Alabama a far better test last night than LSU. Maybe even beat UA. john Galt...you're kidding right?

blade819

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Even a liberal should understand that nobody can say for sure who could have beaten whom since it will always be speculation. No, my liberal buddy I wasn't kidding about anything. How about you?

11. blade819

I was referring to your last sentance. Conservitives surely can distinguish fact from fiction can they not?

blade819

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Anyone know the last team to be national champ that did not win their division???

13. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

I watched it all. I've never seen a team come out that flat and then give up.

The funniest comment I've seen on line said...

"Duke scored 13 on Alabama." (sure, it was last season, but stil.)

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Georgia with 4 losses and didn't beat any really good team? It's Stanford, not Stafford. Maybe some would have given Alabama a better game but none of those teams had a defense to stop Richardson or Lacy and they would had a field day running the ball. Even Arkansas, 3rd in the SEC East and 7th in the final polls, fired their defensive coordinator after a 11-2 season because their defense was as poor as their offense was good. Defense wins SEC championships.

I will say this. After the SEC winning 6 straight football national championships, I believe the team to look out for next year is the University of Southern California. As much as I despise Lane Kiffin and Ed Orgeron, they have to be odds on favorites to start the season at number 1 this next year. They are good coaches and recruiters even if they are lowlifes (and that is the cleaned up version of my opinion of them).

15. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

"Schools that could have beaten LSU: Stafford, Georgia, Wisconsin, South Carolinia, Boise St., Oklahome State: THATS THE FUNNIEST THING IVE SEEN ALL DAY......

16. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Great game! Way to go Bama.Bama dominated LSU from beginning to end.I guess it just depends whoo you were rooting for.

D.P.Reynolds

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Best defensive game ever televised. And it was against the #1 rated team in the nation.

Impressive.

Alabama was lucky their field goal kicker had a decent game. The last TD was a result of a worn out LSU defense.

18. quartering

quartering Active Member

lucky? that was the game plan: to win another national championship, 3 points at a time. it was pure genius in it's design and execution. les didn't have a clue. well done, nick

19. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Every Alabama fan should send Iowa State a thank you letter......without their Overtime win over Okey State Alabama wouldn't even have been playing LSU for the national championship.

20. Bama73

Bama73 Member

I've been watching Alabama football since I came out of the womb nearly 39 years ago, and that defense was as good as any I have seen since the 92 squad. Remember that team in 92 were HUGE underdogs to the offensive jauggernaut Miami with heisman winner Gino Toretta, and that team kept that offense out of the endzone. They did get 2 field goals and a late punt return TD, but the game wasn't as close as the 34-13 score much like last night. What I don't get, and dont get me wrong, I am VERY thankful, is how Les Miles just kept playing right into Bama's hands. This Bama D had one slight weakness this year and thats the deep ball. And throughout the year LSU had success throwing the deep ball, yet they never tried one last night. Anyway, Roll Tide and it's now and always GREAT to be a Bama fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.