1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LQQK'n 4~~~~IAB Premier???~~~~LQQK'n 4

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Ajax, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

PM Sent.

Ajax

2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Okay Ajax, I'll post this picture...what a terrific live bird set and the second barrel has fitted sub gauge tubes and Briley Thin walls to boot! Part of an estate with an original burgundy leather two barrel case and the complete 1980 vintage Shotgunner Magazine.

A real target crusher too!

[​IMG]

The only other one I've ever seen was owned and shot competitively by our friend Mike Mann who sent me a schematic and available parts list. I've owned and shot an IAB Top Single for years and have yet to replace a spring let alone encounter any problems. Gotta luv it!!!

According to the magazine article, this was the gun used to run the first 200 straight in International Skeet Competition!

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Here's another...

This is a Premier Game Scene Skeet model with a 27" Tula Choked barrel. Engraved by Lanetti with the same incredibly fine checkering. Shows no signs
    of wear and functions perfectly. Both of these guns are part of an estate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

PM from TS.com member from Down-Under...

Date: Tue, Feb 28, 2012 - 04:45 PM ET

"mate had a talk to daryl and he said that while both guns are a very desirable gun the market dictates the price. iab's were not as popular as they should have been, the skeet gun he thought anywhere from $1500/$2000 the priemier rose $1500/$2500....i sold my iab tiger some years ago and did have a job getting a buyer, but in saying that the buyer has shot it fot 15 years and never had a problem...hope this is of help to you."

5. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

0   0   0

Are either of the engraved guns for sale? I am having trouble determining that! I have a very nice IAB C300 29 1/2" bunker gun with the same scalloped action as the Premiers that I enjoy shooting sometime.

6. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

0   0   0

Very difficult to establish a favorable price on these! The market is such that IAB's are selling at the low end, even though they are a good gun. The Skeet Gun is less desirable to shooters on this forum as compaired to a Trap type gun. The information you received from down-under tracks well. Can you tell me if the Game scenes are hand engraved or etched on the skeet gun? From what the pictures show, it is hard to tell. Also what barrels come with the Premier, length, weight, bore size, chokes and over all condition of both guns. I also looked at Mike's Los Angeles Grade and it just wasn't what I was looking for in a IAB. I have known Mike since the old days (80's) of shooting at the Peninsula Sportsmen's Club in East Palo Alto California! Jon

7. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jon,

As stated, the gun was engraved and signed by Lanetti. The scroll work is deep cut and very nicely done. The dog and bird area is not the deep relief work you would find on a Model 32 San Remo. It is more shallow and more like a deep detailed etching.

Both guns are in exceptional condition. The wood checkering is finer than anything I've seen. Blueing is near perfect...not even a rub mark. Ejectors work perfectly. Trigger is FAST and smooth as silk with excellent lock time. Shell strikes are strong and consistent. I shot two rounds with the Premier Rose and really enjoyed it.

The Premier Game Scene model has the 27" Tula choked barrel.

The Premier Rose is a two barrel set, 30" fixed Full/Mod and the 28" barrel is Briley thin wall choked with 20 & 28 gauge Sub Gauge tubes whcih are also Briley Tube Choked.

It is as difficult to fault either gun as they are to determine a value.

I appreciate your interest and opinion.

8. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

0   0   0

I am including pictures of my C300 IAB bunker gun with a custom non-checkered stock. The forend has the same checkering as on these Premiers. This gun is NOT For Sale!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

0   0   0

Joe, Sorry I can't help you with the weather! Have you talked to your politicans, maybe they can help!! I have owned the IAB for about 15 years (bought it used from a friend) for $1000. The stock is one that I got from Mike Mann, we both shoot Left Handed. I have not had any failures, but had a hell of a time getting the trigger pull as low as I like at 2 lbs. for Bunker. I don't shoot it nearly as much as my Perazzi or DT10 because of the difficulty associated with discontinued guns. I would like to own both of the Premiers that you have, but am having trouble justifying buying either. What they are worth vs what I can offer is difficult. Thanks, Jon

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

up for JoJo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
for sale iab premier deluxe
iab c300 shotgun
iab f32 tiger trap
iab premier