1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LP's for sale, anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by powderburn, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

LP

Hi all,
    I'm starting to buy LP's again. Tired of the MP3, cd, digital crap. Anyone fairly close to central Indiana that might have some jazz, big band, classic rock or bluegrass/folk music on vinyl for sale let me know. Would be interested in lookig at what you have to sell......hopefully for cheap?.....Thanks in advance, and hope to hear something back! -powderburn

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have a box of about 75 albums mostly early Jazz. I'm in Pittsburgh, Bulge.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I've got about a hundred in Fort Wayne. Mostly 70's rock, Stones, Doobies, Deep Purple, Genesis, Yes, etc. Never thought about selling them??? Wayne

4. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

You're being a sentimental Luddite. CDs are fantastic and thoroughly humiliate LPs. Further, 20 bit CDs, DVD-Audio and SACD hit a sonic level that an LP can never come close to approximating. Stop by The Elusive Disc on your way to Anderson. They'll have all the vinyl you want, as well as the good digital stuff.

It's so funny. As I walk through stores, I see new LPs. Of course, they're recorded and mastered digitally, as no producer is going to give up his ProTools, so we're actually seeing DDA records, and that's a hilarious bit of audio humor.

5. GWW

GWW TS Member

WRONG!!

CDs have two things going over LPs: they have no background noise and they are easy. The old LPs, done right, have much better and more detailed sound, but it's not easy. If your willing to foot the cost and do the extra work, vinyl sounds absolutely amazing. First you need good equipment to play the LPs on, and like a musical instrument it has to be adjusted or "tuned" to get the best results. The LPs, themselves, must be cleaned reqularly and protected from damage.

I've had good quality CD equipment for years, but a few years ago I got back into vinyl and now the only CDs I play are in the car. If you really love music find someone with a good vinyl set-up and then sit down and listen. You'll be amazed at all the detail and presents the music has.

Like powderburn, I am always looking for used LPs for sale.

6. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I think I have some beatles along with other classic rock LP's.Need to take a look.

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

I've got a 2-300 albums I guess. Mostly 70-80's rock, a few older, a few 45 rpms, even some 78 rpm stuff that is definately older. I'd have to look to see what I have.

8. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Anyone looking for 8 track tapes ?

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hey, what's an old Hall & Oates 8-Track tape worth if it was originally mislabelled "Daryl Hall & John Hall"?

Not much, hopefully, because I whipped it in the trash about 15 years ago, LOL.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.