1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LP Giambrone posts 400x400 (with the .410)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

This past wknd @ the Poco Loco in St Joe IN, LP Giambrone posted a 400x400.

Now this wouldn't normally be all that surprising, given his resume.

However, this one was the first of its kind. The shoot is four 100 target events, all shot w/ the 410 (NSSA registered competition, but not a typical skeet shoot in the normal sense of all 4 gauges being shot).

He broke 400x400 WITH THE 410!

This is a first in NSSA history, is an accomplishment that in all likelihood will never be matched, and as far as I'm concerned, is one of the if not the most spectacular achievements ever in skeet, and one of the most spectacular accomplishments ever with a shotgun.

It also puts him 500+ targets into run at the long run record of 777, and puts him down 2 out of 700 for the year in 410, which gives him a good chance of breaking the all time high average for 410 as well.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's any rule against shooting a singles or doubles event from the 27 yard line. 400X400 that way would be quite a feat.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Have them throw some of those new WF'rs...

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Now that's an impressive shooting exhibition!

ss

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

In other news...did anybody catch the winning time in the New York City Gay Marathon?

6. skeet_man

BG=DB LOL

7. BigM-Perazzi

8. oh3200hntr

oh3200hntr TS Member

I know and have shot with LP and he is a great shot and teacher. Shooting 400 of anything with a .410 is impressive, let alone straight. Give credit where credit is due.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

BigM,

Were you a runner or spectator?

10. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Shooting 400X400 with a 410 is not impressive. Impressive is shooting 100 straight with a 410. What Giambrone did was almost beyond belief. i wonder
    what prompted him to try it. The targets and conditions must have been perfect.
    I saw a picture of him in Skeet Shooting Review and it appears he shoots a
    high adjustable rib gun. The two best sporting clays shooters, Bill McGuire and
    Gebben Miles, and of course Harlan Campbell all shoot high rib guns as well.
    It's gotten so there's hardly any difference between a trap, skeet, or sporting clays gun anymore.

11. fly

fly Active Member

i think he's trying to say he hit 23 of the first 55 and pulled out!

12. BigM-Perazzi

Google is my friend.

13. shootsome

shootsome Member

Good point - trap, skeet, and sporting clays guns are beginning to look alike. They all look like Trap guns. Trap shooters are on the cutting edge of shooting sports.

14. skeet_man

Shootsome- Agree 100%. Trap shooters are much more willing to experiment with new and sometimes radical ideas, and more willing to embrace new technology (look at the PFS for example, they are used by a TON of trapshooters, a few skeet shooters, and VERY few sporting clays shooters, even though they'd be equally beneficial for any shotgun sport). They are also more willing to spend the $ to try new things and improve their equipment (IE custom stocks, custom barrel work, ect). Trap shooters are about customization to make their equipment the best it can be and make it work for THEM. Skeet and sporting shooters by and large are about "off the rack".

dickgtax- The shoot was 400 .410 targets. It wasn't that he decided to shoot the 410 for the 12, 20, and 28ga events.

15. skrap

skrap Member

Skeet_man

Let's not overlook that he also went 200 x 200 in the Bandido 28 Ga shoot held on Friday afternoon. That makes him 600 x 600 for the weekend. The conditions all weekend were hot and breezey. And let's also not overlook the fact that L.P. is an extremely well-mannered and respectful individual. I know this because I was the referee for his 3rd 100 straight on Sunday morning. He hit those targets better than most people would using a 12GA. I was also the referee on his 100 straight in the 410 at the Kolar Mid-American a few yesrs ago that completed his 500 x 500 for the weekend. L.P. is a very cordial and approachable individual much the same as a Leo Harrison, Harlan Campbell or Wayne Mayes. L.P will be a major factor in the clay target sports for many years to come.

Skrap (Steve Ponscheck)

16. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Awesome display of shooting skill from one of the nicest guys in the game. I'm a trapshooter but 400 with a 410 is unbelievable. That young man has a great future in the shooting sports. Glad to have him as a member of Ft. Worth Trap and Skeet Club.

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

Impressive but He is not the first. Howard Shaw of Florida dit it in the 1970's.

Tom

18. skeet_man

Tom- In an NSSA registered event? There were only 18 4x4s period through 1979, and a 100 with the 410 wasn't nearly as common as it is today.

I have never heard of Mr Shaw, and I would assume if he did something as amazing as shooting a 400x400 w/ the 410 he's have some sort of mention in the Skeet Records Annual.

19. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Congrats to LP !!! I've known him since he was about 8 years old. His father was the manager of the Southern Louisiana gun club; I was living in New Orleans while I was in the US Navy. I used to enjoy talking to LP’s (Little Paul) grandfather he was a submariner in WWII.

We ( Bob Miller and I ) used to tell LP that if he really wants to learn about shooting a shotgun he needs to start shooting trap ....... Maybe as trap shooters we’re lucky he is not shooting trap.

Hit 'em hard,

John

20. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

"Glad to have him as a member of Ft. Worth Trap and Skeet Club."

I am also proud to have him as a new member of the Grand Prairie Gun Club.

http://www.gpgc.net/Newsletters/2012/bullet_tin_2012_02.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lp giambrone