1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lowe's military discount

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by johnboy, Aug 23, 2013.

1. johnboy

johnboy Member

Lowe

Lowes offers a military discount to active, reserve, retired and honorably discharged military personnel who present valid military ID or other proof of service. This is from Lowe's website. The local store refuses to honor unless buyer has a military ID. Having been honorably discharged over 40 years ago all I have is a DD form 214 which has always been accepted as proof of service. Has anyone else had this issue with Lowes?

2. gmhgmh

gmhgmh TS Member

Lowes Only offers 10% discount to honorably discharged with dd214 on three holidays per their website. Active/retired and immediate family (as defined on website)and VA disability benefit receivers ONLY get 10% discount EVERYDAY. Hope this is helpful. George

3. johnboy

johnboy Member

Thanks George.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Our local Lowes offers the 10% anytime any day but you must have proof

5. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Your VA medical card MUST have the words "service connected" embossed above your name in order to get the daily 10 percent discount at Home Depot....I just went through this exercise with them!.....I don't know if Lowe's has the same policy or not.

Terry

6. bill4807

bill4807 Member

Virginia DMV issues " U. S. Armed Forces Veteran" ID card for $10. Just take your 214, or other proof of service and Virginia driver's license to the local DMV office; ID card arrives from Richmond in a week or so. Card is honored by Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

7. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Lowes and Home Depot both give me the discount all year long with my last id. Used a DD214 also.

DAve

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I have a VA ID card and get the 10% discount at both Lowes and Home Depot. Furnished a kitchen with new appliances with it.

blade819

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

My nearby Lowes gives me a 10% discount with only a showing of my American Legion membership card.

10. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

It just depends on the Store you go to I guess, but both the Lowes and Home Depots in Western NY offer it all year round. Thats been my experience anyway. At least it kills the NY State Tax... :)

11. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I had one Home Depot near Albany in New York State refuse to honor my retired military ID card last September. The cashier said "We don't do that here". I travel a lot and this is the only time it has happened. Ron

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Lowe

No problem at either store with a reserve, active or retired ID card.

I use my blue retired card on a regular basis---A DD-214--shows you have served, status of discharge and time frame to qualify for VA benefits.

Phil Berkowitz

13. johnboy

johnboy Member

Thanks fellows, sounds like the policy is not well communicated.

14. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

The local Lowes here in Missouri used to offer the 10% discount to all veterans. An American Legion or VFW ID was fine. Now they require a military ID which almost no one has. Bass Pro Shops give all veterans a 10% discount, good people.

15. ramen39

ramen39 Member

I used my DD214 several time at the Lowes in Warsaw IN. The last time I tried it they told me I had to be on active duty or retired from he military.

16. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I respect and appreciate Lowe's for offering a 10% discount to veterans. You all have to understand that Lowe's profit is low because they make their profit from volume. I don't know but I would bet their margin is not much over 15%.

Thank you all that have served to maintain my freedom. My biggest regret is that I never served in the Armed Forces. I absolutely understand the commitment all the veterans have made to give me the freedom I enjoy everyday. And I am truly in debt.

Thank You All

Darr

17. mike31z

mike31z Member

I was a snow bird in Spring TX for Dec12-Jan 2013 and used Lowes a lot for widget I need to do repairs on my daughters home. One Day an Army Major was in line just before me in Camo uniform. As she started to pay I asked her if she showed her Military ID to get a 10 % discount, she responded the most stored automatically give a discount with military in uniform. Once she showed her ID the clerk gave her the discount. I always uses LOWES when I an in Spring TX or Austin TX.

I appreciate there discount.

18. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I only recently learned of this 10% discount that Lowes offers for military veterans. I was in their store about 2 weeks ago and asked about it. They said I needed some military ID. The only thing I had was my American Legion card. I showed them that card plus my driver's license and that was all I needed. Now I get 10% off on every purchase there every day.

Easystreet

19. gmhgmh

gmhgmh TS Member

For those who might not be aware of it, Home Depot gives a 10% military discount also. Same conditions as Lowe's. George

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I just purchase a new stainless barbecue grill two days ago at the local Lowe's. I got 20% off for their sale plus another 10% off for showing my VA card. No questions at all.