1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lowering POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bridger, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

I am looking at a gun that shoots a 90/10 pattern. The monte carlo comb is too high for me and bumps my cheek. It does not have either an adjustable comb or buttplate. If I put on an adjustable comb and maybe a buttplate do you think I could get it down to 60/40? I get the feeling by the time I get all this done I could probably find a used PFS and know that I would have it shooting where I want. I like the gun but need to know I can make some adjustments on it before I buy.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You would have to take some wood off of the comb in order to lower the POI. If it has a adjustable rib you may be able to move the POI some. The rib has to be moved up. Personally I would adjust the comb, because it is more affective.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

You either need to move the back (your eye) down or the front (the bead) up. I have a Citori Plus that is adjusted all the way down in back as well as the rib, and it still shoots high. I found a large front bead that moves the pattern down on the pattern board. Next is sanding down the comb, as a last resort. If you have an adjustable comb installed, have them cut it so that it can be lowered more than it was before the cut. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.