1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lower velocity pattern revisited

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wayneo, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

A while back I started testing 1oz. loads at 1100 fps. at 35 yards to see with my gun and choke I could get a really high percentage of pellets in a 20" core.

Using Doc A C Jones Pattern Optimizer, if I'm using it right, I'm getting 85.2% of 3+ pellets. Average pellets per target ~4.7...

I know since I've been using these loads my scores from 16 yards have went up, but from 22 yards and back, they have went down.

I've included a pic of one of the patterns. I took some random shells and cut them open to find out I had an average of 440 pellets of #8 which would be about 1-1/16oz.

A lot of people have ask me where do I find paper that is 30" wide. They are old construction blueprints. 30" x 43" . I have an abundant supply, I'm a Bricklayer. Stop by any big job, and ask the super for old prints and he will gladly give them to you. Thats the second picture, Wayne

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow...nice collateral damage ring around the building. What'd you use, JSOW? JDAM?

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

AGM-158 JASSM. Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.