1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lowell Thomas - Surgery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trap-guy, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap-guy

trap-guy Member

Many of you know Lowell has been struggling with back pain this year. Lowell had back surgery this morning at 7:40am. Head nurse Susie reports - "Everything went fine". Lowell will have to spend a couple of days at St. Vincent, before returning home for rehab.

2. t-bar

t-bar Member

Wish Lowell all the best from us.

Barb and Tom

3. setool

setool Member

Hi,

I don't know Lowell, but I can feel for him. I'm still recovering from low back surgery performed 5-27-11. Level's L-4 to S-1, anterior AND posterior (front and back), 360 degree fusion. Basically this means they gutted me like a pot belly hog, from about 3 inches above my navel to damned near my pe@ker, and installed five titanium cages. Then they flipped me over and installed two support rods and six screws.

Please, take your time, and LISTEN to the Doc's... I didn't at first, and still paying the price. Recovery is slow, but absolutely worth it IMHO.

Mark Schneider

l

4. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Back pain sucks. I hope he comes out of it a new man. This cold and rainy weather can't help. He needs to spend a month in Vegas, for medicinal purposes.

5. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Wishing him good luck again with the recovery.

Suzie, keep him away from the "lead room", and all that heavy lifting for a while.

Danny B.

6. Desira F.

Desira F. TS Member

We are glad to hear things went well. Susie if you need anything just call us. Hoping for a speedy recovery...

Best Wishes,
    Dan & Desira Fesler

7. plaw

plaw Active Member

Lowell, good luck, do what the rehab folks tell you and no more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.