1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

low shooting o/u

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shoottilithurts, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

my son bought a new 687 beretta combo..the o/u shoots very flat, about 45/55, with stacked beads..the rib isnt adjustable on the o/u, the comb is, but he has trouble shooting with a big space between the beads..the front bead is the size he likes..the factory would not do anything with it because a flat shooting trapgun is within their specs.. what can be done to correct this..would like the o/u to shoot about 70/30 with the desired sight picture that now shoots 45/70..thanks, milt

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Raise the comb, have the middle bead moved forward to the desired "sight picture" if the middle bead is that important.( I shoot my 3200 with about one inch bettween the beads.}

Could have a rib made with buit in taper to shoot higher.

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

beretta sells a gelpad that you can stick on the comb to raise the POI. jm

4. shoottilithurts

shoottilithurts Member

raising the comb alone, or the gel, pad would raise the poi for both the single and the o/u barrel. the single shoots the desired poi now..the singles barrel may have enough adjustment left to lower its poi enough to make it shoot low like the doubles barrel, then raise the comb to get the desired poi for both, then drill holes in both ribs to move the mid sight beads forward. i was thinking originally that there might be a way that a gunsmith could make the o/u shoot higher, about where the single shoots. milt

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Just have Briley make tubes for both barrels to shoot the POI desired. Or, just bend them.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You said the comb was adjustable, just pull the washers and lower the comb when you shoot the single barrel. many shooters set their comb different when changing barrels.

7. gslam

gslam TS Member

Call Todd at Poly choke and he can make you a glue on rib. Get a .300 at the rear and .200 at the front, which will raise the impact point about perfect. I have several of these ribs to cure the same problem. I have the gun you refer to also. It will cost about $150 and glues on in hours with Polygrip that never gets too hard to remove.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If the single barrel has an adjustable rib, I generally recommend setting the O/U barrels to desired POI with the comb.

Then, set the single barrel with rib adjustment. Having extra holes in the rib is not going to help your resale on the gun. He will get used to the bead stack.

Now, wasn't that easy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.