1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

low recoil aa's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

low recoil aa

Any of you used the low recoil AA's? your opinions? thanks!

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Tried them once. They work fine. Every shot sounds like a blooper load, though.

Recoil is almost non-existent.

They break targets just fine. You may or may not have to adjust your shooting. I felt like I was hitting the back end of some hard lefts and rights, so I adjusted for a tiny bit more lead. But in reality, it was probably just me, and not the shells.

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I bought a couple of flats for my Grandkids to shoot. They are pretty expensive, if you can find them. I shot them and liked them. I liked them so well, I bought the Winchester powder to duplicate the loads. I use it for my first shot in doubles. I just have to remember to shoot them in a gun with a mechanical trigger.

Ajax

4. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Bought some from a guy who quit shooting and was selling out. I did not have the experience of the blooper sound and in fact used them for doubles. They were breaking the first target out so hard that I tried them on the second shot and as I recall broke a 97 & a 98 with them that day.

5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I found them at Walmart for $7.57, and with the $2 a box AA rebate, they were as cheap as promo loads. I bought all they had. I keep them to help newbies get started shooting. They are very pleasant to shoot. Mark

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I found some at our local farmers co-op $10 a box, my daughter is shooting a 200 round event next week and though I might try them. thanks!!

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If you reload, Hodgdon has some recipes that will duplicate these shells using WAA Lite Powder.

Way cheaper than buying them at $10 a box!

The factory boxes are 26 grams of shot (a little less than 15/16 ounces) at 980 fps.

8. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I bought several boxes when Walmart had that sale about 2 years ago & was selling the AA &STS for $5.00 a box. Guys on this site alerted us to the sale & I got 67 boxes at 2 stores. Anyway, they do sound off but break targets great & are the lightest load I have ever shot. Even lighter than my 7/8 oz loads. Colonel

9. RJ

RJ TS Member

For beginners, like Younger people and ladies rhat have never shot before or have had little experience shooting but didn't like it because they shot standard loaded target loads. I load 1 oz. shot and 15.5 grains, for those who have never shot and for the older ones I load a 16.0 grain with 1 oz. shot.

This one lady I was teaching could not believe how easy the gun shot on the 16.0 load. She said her hubby said it's shoot what I shoot or don't shoot at all. He loads his own to. She insisted to hiom that she should have her own load and he now lets her load her own. I load for my wife and two of my grand children shoot and my Grand Daughter loves my loads. She has now moved on up to a 16.5 Red Dot load. The little guy is still at 15.5 But he is looking forward to moving up to the 16.5. He has tried it but says it still has a little punch to it in his sholder. Might need to have the gun resized to him. He has grown some since he has started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.