1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

low light problems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slayer, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I am having trouble picking up birds in low light conditons. Yellow lenses dont seem to help much with this. Can anyone give me any tips or recommend glasses? tnx

slayer

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

I have the same trouble, but it's because I'm 56 years old. Most will recommend clear or very light yellow lenses.

Good luck,
    Steve

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

TNX FOR QUICK REPLY, STEVE. IM 54 AND AM REALLY SEARCHING FOR A REMEDY TO THIS PROBLEM. i ACTUALLY SHOT A ST 100 WITH NO GLASSES AT ALL IN JUNE, BUT THAT DOESNT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. MOST CLUBS DONT ALLOW THIS.

SLYR

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I'm 58 and have the same problems. I use a pale yellow lens and that seems to help some. There is a period between sunset and total darkness thats makes it hard to see the birds no matter how good your sight.

Bill

5. idoc

idoc Member

Slayer,

There is a new lens that Hidefspex is coming out with. I don't think it's available yet but if not it's only a few weeks away. It's made out of NXT which is a safety material with a high ABBE value, much higher than polycarbonate. That translates into a sharper image. It's 80% light transmission. Sounds perfect for us older folks but I haven't tried it yet. Try E-mailing them (hidefspex.com) It's not on their site yet........Rich Colo O.D.

6. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Pale lenses of the same color as the target help a bit. Pale orange for orange targets. They transmit orange color more efficiently than other colors, thereby helping the target stand out from the background.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.