1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Brass Winchester AA Shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Palos shooter, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Looking thru my stash of Shells,I came across some AA low base brass shells.
    I wonder why they don't go back to the low brass to lower the price of the shells. I shot some of these out of a 1100 years ago and never pulled the heads off. I also shot some Active shells without any metal heads I think the Active had the steel insert cased in the plastic this would solve the face of the recever problem. ..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

They were cute but some auto loaders ripped the low brass from the shell. My 11-87 didn't like Active, Eclipse, or low brass AA shells.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I suspect it would raise the cost of shells if Winchester made several different sized brass heads.

Pat Ireland

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

They don't care. They went from a perfect one piece hull to a two piece hull, did't they? HMB

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Never saw these before. What years did Winchester make them? Dave T.

6. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

I believe those low brass AA's were the origninal (first) 1-ounce shells made by Winchester and were readily identifiable. I think it was a couple of years before they used the "standard" AA hull for the 1-ounce loads.

There really was a time when 1 1/8 ounce were all you could buy...either 2 3/4 dram or 3 dram loads...that was it.

Larry

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I never had a problem reloading them...loaded them till they started to split at the folds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.