1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

low 20"S

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by torqueman, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torqueman

torqueman Member

I have been shooting for two years , it seems like I can"t do anything to raise my scores out of the low 20s . Never had a pro lesson or gone to a gun fitter do you think this would help! THANKS JOE

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

low 20

Of course it will, ya Silly!

-Gary

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

low 20

Most definately. Do both if you can.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

low 20

Why is it that people will spend all sorts of $$ on everything except what will do the most good. Have your gun fitted and take some lessons to learn the basics. Then practice what was taught to you everytime you take the line.

ss

5. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

low 20

My average before the fitting....40. My average after the fitting....46. I shoot 16s and 22s. Since the fitting, at 16 yards I have had one 23. All of the rest have been 24 or 25. Have your gun fit, or do what everyone else does, buy a new gun (sarcasm).

Dave

6. dalog

dalog Member

low 20

Just got back from the Grand (AIM) and met a great family from Washington State. They had driven all the way to Sparta to let their son shoot in the AIM Championships. Nice kid, Cameron Diagneau.

Anyway, mom was telling me that he had been averaging around 20 but then he went to a Leo Harrison clinic. Shortly after he went to the WA State shoot, ripped off his first 100 straight and won Sub Junior in the Singles Championship. Mom said she asked him what he was doing different and he would just reply, "I'm just doing what Leo told me to".

Now us more "experienced" shooters might not be as receptive to good advice as these kids can be but there is no arguing with results.

At least get a good DVD, Leo's, Phil's, and have your gun fitted.

7. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

low 20

Seriously,find a well stocked gun store,and shoulder some,when it cliks youll know it.you have to be convinced you have the right gun.you have to find your "old reliable".then you find your best load and stick with that.
    apply the fundamentals from instruction tapes/coaching.
    when all that is nailed down,you can only maintain what you have/and improve is by constant practise,finding what slight mods [hold point,look point] to your style that benefit you most.

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

low 20

First off, what kind of gun are you useing? Does it have an adjustable comb? Adjustable rib? PAD? I s the length of pull ok for you or toooooo long or short?Not changeing chokes all the time? What do you have to work with?

Have you put it on paper? to see your point of impact? Do you shoot the same shells every time? Do you tweek the gun with adjustments after every round?

Biggest thing about this game is first find out where your gun hits when holding it comfortably for you. Then getting it to shoot where you want it when holding it that way with the adjustments, to pad comb and rib.

When youve figured how to get it to shoot where your looking repeat repeat repeat. Holding the same stance on each station makes a difference. Are you holding your gun at the same spot each station? Same type of shirt or vest from week to week shoot to shoot?

You can get fitted or take a class but if you dont do everything the same your lost. Get a hold of the Frank Little and Phil Kiner tapes they help alot! and wont cost $250 and you can watch over and over.

If you can hit low 20s you can get them all! Usually when your not trying and no pressure.Stop trying so hard and have fun when its no fun time to quit.

I am nobody famous BUT I heard all that from the guys who are!

Jerry Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.