1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Love Unions or hate unions-must see

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by perga1, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perga1

perga1 Active Member

A must see. JRM

2. porky

porky TS Member

Must see what??

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

you go 1st

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

ok, so what do you think now?

5. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

All I saw was the show making a joke out something that is not very funny, as in Wal-Marts very real and well documented mistreatment of its workers. Neil

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Looked like a bunch of Lord Soetoro's henchmen. That Gitting's couldn't even figure out which lie to tell. Maybe he could use a teleprompter.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

yup Walmart, McDonalds, BK, Wendys, Pizza Hut, K Mart, all car washes..etc.......they should ALL be forced by unions to pay a living wage,
    I don't know, say 60K, no maybe 70K a year, fair is fair, after all, lots of well educated, experienced company execs make more than that!!

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

When you go to the website look at the whole web address, a skit from comedy central. Even the acting isn't that good.

9. perga1

perga1 Active Member

That Comedy Central banner looks like an AD to me and has nothing to do with the Daily Show. It looked like and had the feel of a real interview. JRM

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I hope it was a skit, cause if it wasn't.....Some body please prove this wasn't real. OMG!

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Looks to me that it must be real---

12. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

It looks to me that if the video is real, the union was trying to do the right thing the wrong way. You can only be mistreated if you'll allow yourself to be mistreated. Apparently Wal-Mart employees haven't had enough yet. The old saying still holds true, "United We Stand, Divided We Fall". Neil

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

trinketshooter, you must be kidding. Hiring non union strikers to stike? That's whats wrong with this country. Everyone takes the easy way out, and no one has true conviction.

An aquaintence of mine was BA at a local UAW plant and he wanted to build a garage. Instead of hiring a friend who was a laid off union carpenter, he hired an Amish bunch from out of state. When it was his $, for some reason non-union was OK.

Live by example.

14. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe but I suppose stranger things have happened. Listening to some of the stories told on this website I'm glad I live in the Midwest where things are normal. I have to agree with Setterman, living by example goes a long way.

There are companies where unions just aren't feasible but doing union work should be done by unionized people. lol

15. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

The workers at my Walmart seem to be very happy they have a job---I wonder how many union workers buy at Wal-Mart?---Wal-Mart doesn't want to become like Generous Motors---SJB---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.