1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Love trap shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

Is there anybody out there who just loves this sport but is not teriffic at it. I shoot in the mid 20s with som 15, 16, & 17s.. I plan to take lessons but still love the sport to death.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Yeah, me!! (right behind waterfowling)

Am just an average shooter that enjoys the "self-competition" and the many different venues. If I shoot badly it doesn't ruin my day and if I shoot really good, then that's just a plus for the self esteem.

Curt

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Curt

One day I hope to become an "average" shooter such has yourself!!!

Rich in Indiana

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Frank

You came to the right place. This forum is filled with shooters such as yourself who just love to shoot trap.

And it doesn't matter how good you are. If you enjoy it, do it!

6. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

Absolutely, If i was a millionaire id have one in my front yard and a warehouse full of ammo. Its very very addictive no matter how many i hit, I think its the rush from saying PULL and not knowing what the outcome will be this time. Even though im new at it im sure its here to stay

7. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Therapists run about $100/hr i hear (not that I ever went to one...). At the trap range, 100 birds and ammo run me about $40, and take about an hour. The end result is the same except it's less expensive and I'm much happier!

8. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

Lovin it is definetly the main ingredient, I have gotten so addicted in 2 months that top ramen is lookin good at the store,

9. claykiller

claykiller Member

Until I started trap shooting I didn't know anything could kick so much ass.

10. claykiller

claykiller Member

Until I started trap shooting I didn't know anything could kick so much ass.

11. BELGIBOY

BELGIBOY TS Member

For me, it's like yoga but louder. I'm getting better but I have no real urge to enter a league or something. Just love breaking those clays, that's all.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Franktri- We all do. As you improve you will find that you still consider yourself average. Now, you probably would consider a score of 92 as excellent. In a few years you will probably consider a score of 92 as unsatisfactory. As you improve, your standards for success go up.

You have already achieved the most important goals of our sport. You love to shoot trap and have fun shooting trap. You enjoy self-competition. As long as you achieve your current goals, you are a winner and we can't ask for more than that. You are the type of shooter I would enjoy shooting with.

Pat Ireland

13. striper

striper Member

to me trap shooting is the highlight of my week. For the last 2 years I have been fighting injures to my wrist. Torn tendons and now frigging gout. Everyday I try and figure out what pills can I take,should I use ice or heat,can I use this machine at the gym without screwing up my hands. All those things go thru my mind for only one reason! Can I shoot this week? I am now just shooting 50 rds and this battle has been going on for 2 yrs. I think I am going to be forced to get an automate so I can reload without aggravating my right hand. I get really angry when I only shoot a 16 or 17 knowing that before all this there was alot of 23 24 and some 25s. A 96 is the best I ever shot but I love the sport and I love the challenge. I am 70 yrs old and I hope no matter how many rds I can shoot I will be saying pull for many years to come.

14. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Me too!! Just like everyone else. And the name shows it..:)

15. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I love it to but does anybody put so much pressure on theirself to shoot a high score that it takes away from the fun? I'm a 23-24 shooter just about everytime out but if I slip and shoot a 22 It makes me feel sick... I don't think it should be this way

16. neofight

neofight TS Member

I got introduced to shooting trap about 2 months ago. Prior to this,the last time i held a shotgun was about 50 years ago. I couldn't take the pressure and went out and bought a new Citori XT trap, lots of shells, vest and joined two nearby trap clubs. The push on the shoulder, the target being smoked(sometimes) the lingering sweet aroma, the feel of a finely chiseled gun in the hands, it all adds up to a good feel.

I hope to get better and i am sure i will with practice, but i don't obsess over it. I just love being out there with a few friends, knowing that i am doing my part in clearing the world of these pesky clay targets. It is quite interesting to study the mechanics and there seems to be a lot of guys who fully understand them and are willing to share. Anyway you look at it, good clean fun. Next step.....reloader and components. Break out another grand, mama!

17. dhip

dhip Active Member

me since october.
    bought a citori sporting clay special in case i wanted to try anything else,but haven't made it past the traps.
    21-23 are normal,hoping to hit 25 sometime this year,shot my first ata shoot9choked,lousy scores) went back to regular club and still have fun,that's my goal,have fun first,let the clays fall where they may,hopefully in dust piles

doug h.

18. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Striper,

Life and Trapshooting both are all about attitude and mate you have the right attitude, get on with both and have a great time doing it.

Targetmaster,

Spend a couple of hours roaming through the Kids cancer ward at your local hospital, it will pull your attitude into line regarding the serious issue's in life, Trapshooting is fun never ever forget that and you will be fine.

Yours in Sport.

Release Trigger.

19. LFT687

LFT687 Member

I spend all week looking forward to shooting trap on the weekend. I've made some good friends and met lots of nice people. I didn't grow up around guns and didn't start shooting till in my 40s. There is something about that Boom! and if I break a few targets that makes it even better. When I'm not shooting I'm reloading.

20. patrick smith

patrick smith TS Member

Frank yes i do i have never had a nice trap gun just old pump guns that i've

used for duck,dove,pheasant and trap for over thirty years and it never gets

old.

I do get upset when i miss a target when i know i have smoked it before must

be a case of attention deficit disorder as every one says i have the worst

case of it they have ever seen. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.