1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Love Skeet hate Trap shooting!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AAfan, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

Ahh...Skeet, every weekend with my buddies. Manly men not some nancy boy trapshooters!

. The joy of hitting High Eight, the thrill of shooting a straight knowing I actually had to work at it rather then plod along on a trap range.

And with a normal shotgun, not some high rib Space gun!

Hee,hee...

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

3. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

I shoot both registered skeet and trap. I've listened to skeeters complian about trappers, and trappers complain about skeeters. Personnally, I don't get it. The only thing that discerns one from the other is the type of gun for each games. The personalities are the same, the love of shooting is the same, etc.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good day at the range.

4. checker

checker Member

Aw Shucks My Friend.....Skeet is Fun 4 U.....Mr AAfan. Check out their new site WWW.Skfun4umf's.com

[​IMG]

5. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I just love the way those manly skeeters shoot one shot and then hoist there gun up over their shoulder and wait for their next turn! That is really exciting seeing them do that! Tom Rhoads

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

What's difference between trap, skeet, and sporting clays?

One is for old men, one is for old women, and one is called sporting clays :)

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

No fair using live bait.

HM

8. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Hey, is there a SKeetShooters.com site somewhere? Oh wait, there isn't. LOL

9. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

any game that has clay targets i am gonna shoot it

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Trap for old men?

Skeet for old ladies?

Sporting Clays for those that can't cut the competition of trap & skeet!!

Curt

11. Shawn

Shawn Member

The mods have made this a kinder gentler site.

But we sure have a lot more pesky skeeters than we used to.

Merry Christmas to all the trap shooters.

Happy holidays to everyone else.

Shoot lots in 2010.

Shawn

12. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

I always wanted to try skeet shooting,but my legs would look really bad in one of them pink tu-tu`s...KS-OKIE.

13. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

I've been waiting for this one......

14. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

After thinking it a bit I've made some observations when comparing skeet shooter to trap shooters, skeet shoots to trap shoots. these are only my opinions, others my see things differently

Trappers drink more beer
    Skeeters hit the hard stuff

There are more Women and kids at a trap shoot, which always makes for a more livily atmosphere
    Skeet is primarly a men's game, there are a few women but not many, and kids even less.

Trap is faster
    Skeet sometimes seems like it takes forever. (don't get me wrong its still a blast, and it takes concentration while some inconsidate squadmates yak while your shooting. In trap eveyone on the line is silent, which is nice)

In Skeet, first the shooter gets a chance at the target, then the target gets at chance at the shooter. (I got scar's to prove it.)

In trap, the bank system adds a degree of fairness, when compared to skeeters which always shoot a whole event on the same field.

Trappers can move to high average faster.
    However, skeeters in general, due to the game, carry high averages once the techique is learned.

Both Skeet and trap doubles are a blast.

I find 410 singles skeet and 27yd caps roughly equivlent.

skeet 410 doubles at 3-4-5 requires the highest degree of percision.

Trap shoot-offs offer a degree of fairness for the single shooter.
    In skeet there is no room for single shooters only, as all shoot-offs are all 3-4-5 doubles-- skeeters must be proficent at doubles to win (not sure if thats exactly fair, or in the best interest of the sport, it takes along time to get good at 3-4-5 doubles, especially with the 410)

There are more trappers than skeeters, however that doesn't make them better. Fewer have the time required to shoot week end tourneys.

I used to think that equipment wise it was more expensive to shoot skeet, sub gauge tubes, 4 reloaders etc. Now I realize thats not true, trappers spend as much or more on guns, reloaders, shells, reloading supplies. A shooter can spend what he wants, the sky is the limit, doesn't matter the game.

Trap shoot entry fees are generally more affordable than skeet shoot fees.

Trap state and ata fees are much less than NSSA and state fees, (take note of that, those who think the ATA and-or state association should own home grounds. I lot of skeet dollars went to purchase the NSSA homeground. my opinion, inset Giant sucking sound. Those dollars would be better spent growing the sport, and supporting state associaitons.

ATA returns fees (money) for trophies at state shoots. NSSA none, zip, notta gone. No money comes back.

There are more trap shoots, any weekend, any day, within an hour of home I can shoot regestered trap in season. Skeet not so, it requires whole weekends of travel to compete seriously.

The ATA has its act together, the NSSA at times is clueless.

I'm lucky, my club is active in both games, is well run, member owned, and has great members. We have learned to get along, and that each group brings something valuable to club. Occasionally some try to stir the pot, that usually gets squashed quickly by the board. which is made of skeet, trap, registered, and practice-league shooters.

Good luck and God bless...like Gene Hill said...this year at the club, when sharing a hot toddy, offer "a toast to the trigger", every gun has one, and all shooter appreicate a good one.

15. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

AAfan, do you always use live bait or do you like artificial? At my old club in Winter Haven, trap made the money and we were lucky, skeet controlled the board and determined where the money went. I heard they had some nice parties at the State Skeet Shoot.
    Should have been at the club championship. Trap shot off from ATA yardage and a Triple AAA Skeet shooter could shoot from the 20. To make it fair they were willing to let us shoot .410 in an event (how many trapshooters own .410?). Bet you can't guess who won the "Clubs best shooter trophy". I don't remember a trapshooter even participating.

16. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Not only are the pink tutus ugly but them skeeters are always bent over like their going to drop a log on what ever post tthey are shooting from.

17. larryjk

larryjk Member

My home field has two skeet fields, four trap fields, and a 5 stand range. I shoot them all and enjoy all of them. I have to drive about 50 miles to shoot sporting clays on a 10 station field. Life is good.

18. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

If i remember right this is trapshooters.com. Sick EM!!!

19. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Trap shooters don't like skeet cause there's hardly any gambling at skeet--take the money out of trapshooting and see how many trapshooters you have.They also don't like skeet cause they have to swing their gun more and most of them are not used to the amount of swing needed on 3 4 and 5 especially--skeet shooters don't particularly like trap cause they have to stand silently on the line and can't joke around and needle their squadmates and because there's too little gun movement involved. I like both but if I'm going to shoot a lot of trapshoots for money and trophies I stay away from skeet cause it screws up my swing and I wind up with my timing all off--after 30 plus yrs of shooting both I've found that skeet shooters are generally more tolerant of trapshooters than the other way around.

20. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Come visit us at Fayette County Gun Club near La Grange, Texas. We welcome shooters to shoot trap, skeet and 5 stand. Have a Merry Christmas. Rick~~~~Texas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gene hill trapshooting

opinion on women that shoot skeet